the first cross country meet

Victor.pov

We had just gotten done with practice.our first meet is tomorrow and well it's scary to think we have only been doing this for a week and here we are going up for competition were not really ready or prepared at all it felt like.the next day started off as usual me getting yelled at by my mom (Carla peuntes)and my uncle (Javi Delgado) have to try and calm me down while I was crying and let me tell you I don't do that often.so after I got all calmed down I started to the school so I would not miss the bus to the cross country meet.when I got there the bus was still getting loaded by all of us cross country kids.once I had gotten on the bus it was really loud and just fun.when we started to go down the road and it had gotten so much quieter sice when we first had gotten on.I had started to think how are we ever going to win this I mean are they even going to know we're a team we sure as hell don't look like it I mean we look like dirty old kids that are there to start trouble.we have no uniforms that look alike at all and I mean at all we are wearing different colors and not even descent running shoes let alone even nice.when we arrived blonco (Jim White /couch) had thrown some bags to us full of stuff I would have never guessed that it was new shoes and uniforms.when I had gotten a good look and the shorts i told blonco (Jim White/couch) that there is no way I am wearing these and blonco ( Jim White/couch) told me that I guess your running naked.so after a minute of fighting it I finally put them on I looked like I was going to go play golf and well in McFarland we don't have a country club Soo that means no golf I mean we don't even have a Kmart.when blonco(Jim White/couch) was getting our numbers we all huddled up in a some what of a circle.blonco(Jim White/ couch) head over and told us all the rules about how if we get in front of any of there top five runners then that add to there total.Danny was worried because he had thought that just because he could maybe not run exactly right along with us then his did not count which was kind of right but I don't think that's what blonco (Jim White/couch) was meaning by say that so he had to clarify what he meant and he told Danny that if you get in front of any of there top five runners then it would add to there total to and he said ok Danny.Danny did not respond so we just walked over to the line up and put our numbers on we all got a cookie and Danny tryed to get more then one but blonco (Jim White/couch) caught him and well he did not know we all had one and already finished them and everything.when we all got lined up was when I started to feel like I was going to puke from nervous.The guy that had the gun to make us start explained the rules to us after he explained the rules twice he told us that he will not shot the gun until everyone is standing still and is ready. He asked the couches first if there timers were ready they all said yes he then holds the gun up in the air and said on your mark and then shot the gun and we were off. We had a really good start I could even say excellent.we had ran alomost the hole thing and then came this hill and well if you know anything about McFarland then it should be there is absolutely no hills just flat land all around which sucks for us because we have no experience with this kind of thing. so here at this hill I thought I'm going to die because I have no clue how I'm supposed to head up this hill at the pace I'm going.we finally got to the hill and Thomas was right in front of me and he started to fall back as did I so the further we fell back the more we gained on our score.when we finally got to the end Thomas was still in front of me but we were way behind so when he passed the finish line I was not to far behind nether was Damacio or Johnny and then came Jose and then came David and the Danny was the vary last one.when we all had crossed we had to wait for about 20 minutes for them to have everyone's time is so after that 20 minutes we all gathered around were the tent thing was.after they talked it out for a minute they started nameing the teams off from one to fourth place and each teams total times and after third place got announced we new we were last.we all head back to the bus in a not so happy mood like we had when we first got on this morning.we were a couple miles away from McFarland and all of a sudden couch pulls the bus over and shuts it off.he stands up and says what happened today is on him not us and well to an extent it is because I think me myself could have pushed myself harder to go up the hill but I said ok to blonco (Jim White/couch) we all did and then he sat back down and started the bus back up and back down the road we went home.once we got back to the school my uncle Javi was waiting for me.when I got in the car he asked me how we did and of course I told him and when I told him we had lost he told me it's not my fault at all and if your mother says so don't believe her I said ok he also told me that forth place for your first race is not to bad even though it's out of four  after that it was quite.we were driving down the road when all I felt like I needed to puke and this time it was not from nervous I told my uncle Javi and he let me out and here I was puking on the side of the road.i was thinking this is so going to get me a girlfriend one day .I got back in the car and my uncle Javi started to feel my forhead and he told me I had a fever.we started back down the road to our house because he loved we me and my mom and use to be my dad to before they both got put in jail and Javi got out before my dad clearly.when we got to the house we opened the door and my mother was waiting there for me she asked me how it went I was hesitant at first considering what I delt with this morning but after a minute I told her everything when I had gotten done telling her she started to screaming and yelling at me telling me how it was my fault towards the end of all her screaming and yelling at me she told I am not able to have dinner and to go to bed.after she had told me that I went to my room with my uncle on my heals.he told me that he's sorry for what she said and I sorta screamed at him not meaning to why should you be sorry your the perfect one of you two why couldn't I just have had you as my father I mean at least I would have known you loved me until like she does.he sat there in aw like I had just said something really smart but really he was shocked.he told me that there's a reason she's like this and it's not because of you or your dad it's because of the way she got treated when she was little because she was a girl and girls did not bring in as much money to the house because.Believe me she was so happy when she was pregnant with you but it was a teenage pregnancy and so she got called a slut at school and at home and let me tell you I stood up for her at school but at home she told me to let her have it that's when your father came in the picture to also help me help her at school even though he might not be your biological father he was there with your mom though every little thing when you first walked and said your first word or words because you were a talker.after his long story I was asleep in his arms because I had been crying.

Hey guys I hope you liked this if you got any ideas for me then please please please leave them in the comments.love you guys😍😻❤️💓💕💝💞💋❣️💌