Chapter Nine

Lois Luke sighed as she studied her face in the rare-view mirror. She didn't understand why of all days to wake up with a zit right in the middle of her left cheek, it was the day she was to have her pre-wedding photoshoot. She considered popping it but thought against it; it wouldn't solve the problem. She already had a good number of acne scars on her face due to her refusal to let them be. She couldn't be more grateful for concealers which helped hide those scars.

"I wish we could postpone this photoshoot." She said to Kelvin her fiancé, who was driving.

"Why?" He glanced at her. "We've already booked. Remember? If we miss our session today, we'll have to wait a whole week before we can have another Saturday session, and that'll affect the wedding preparation. We have barely six weeks."

Kelvin worked in a law firm. He worked from Mondays to Fridays and was only free on Saturdays.

"You're right. I just hate the fact that this pimple decided to show up today, of all days."

Spotting the pimple, Kelvin burst into laughter. She blushed shyly.

"So, that's the reason for your wanting to postpone the photoshoot? Come on, babe. It's not bad at all. It's cute."

"You're just trying to make me feel better."

"No, I'm not. It's really cute. But, if you don't like it, I'm sure they'll have a way of getting rid of it when they edit the photos."

"Yeah. That's true." Lois hadn't thought about that.

"Or, if you're still not comfortable with that, we can always take poses where I kiss that spot. That way, nobody will know what's there." He grinned.

"Kelvin." Lois gave him a playful shove. "You're not serious."

He chortled.

"Remind me why we're not taking these photos at my brother's company," Lois said.

"Your brother has already done us a lot of favors. We shouldn't bother him with this too."

"You're right."

"But, trust me, this guy is a professional. He was a classmate of mine. I've seen his works right from when we were still in school and they were very good. I trust he'll even be better than he was then."

"Okay, then. Let's see what he's got."

Minutes later, they drove into Candid Clicks Studio.

"Oh my," Lois looked around. "This is beautiful."

"You can say that again."

The interior of the building was even more impressive. If these photos she saw were taken by these guys, then they had come to the right place. They walked towards some ladies sitting behind computers. Kelvin was about asking them for directions when they heard a man call from behind them.

"Kelvin?"

They both looked in the direction of the voice.

Kelvin grinned. "Jimmy, my guy." They hugged as though they hadn't seen in years, both men looking so excited.

"Meet Lois, my fiancée. Lois, meet James, my classmate, and owner of this beautiful place."

James smiled. "Pleased to meet you."

"You too." They shook hands.

"You look fresh." James put his hands in his pocket. "I'm glad you're taking good care of yourself."

Lois' attention drifted. She couldn't take her eyes off the beautiful photos on the walls. She wished she could have these kinds of photos on the walls in her home. That was if Kelvin will want them. She hoped he did. They could have beautiful pictures of nature on their walls. It'd be very beautiful. Her attention was drawn back to Kelvin and James when she heard her name.