Reyes Kidnapped

Lara stared, wide eyed at the tranq dart Jade held by her thumb and pointer finger only. She held the radio in her other hand, showing both to Lara.

"Maxwell has taken Opal. I don't know where, but he took a radio when he attacked us last night. She fought, but was ultimately outnumbered. Wherever she is, we will get her back!" Jade told the brunette firmly. Lara sighed as the Snow Queen put the radio down on the coffee table while Lara took hold of the dart in her hand, studying it.

The wolves watched as Lara set the dart on the table before she approached Jade. "Did you see anything else?" she asked, desperate to know where her dragon friend was.

The Snow Queen shook her head. "We saw signs of a struggle, but that was it. The dart and radio were on the ground. How they managed to take her down so easily, I will never know, but if he plans on using her against us, that will pose a serious problem to us."

Lara sighed, running her hand over her face, worry in her brown eyes as she started to pace back and forth in front of her family, thinking. Her injured arm hung limply by her side, she couldn't really do anything with it right now, anyway. "What can we do?"

Jade shrugged. "The best we can do is try and find where his hideout is, that is the best plan." she told the brunette gently, knowing to not blindly rush into something when they don't know what to expect.

Lara sat down beside her, drumming her fingers on her knee as Rhaegal crawled into her arms, nuzzling her stomach gently while cooing. The brunette patted the green and bronze dragon with her good arm, the hatchling purred at her touch.

The day went by with tension thick in the air, you could easily cut it with a knife through butter. Lara was constantly worried about Opal, wondering if she'd ever seen her dragon friend again. By the time night came, everyone was quiet, eating dinner in a monotone way.

Suddenly, the phone rang, startling everyone before Jade got up and went to answer it. Lara heard the girl answer the phone before she walked back in, a troubled look on her face, that had Lara concerned, who was on the other end?

"Slow down, slow down, Alisha. Here, your on speaker." Jade pressed the speaker button, holding the phone out so everyone could hear the teen.

"Aunt Jade, mum's been kidnapped!" Alisha cried hysterically into the phone, crying and sobbing.

"Alisha, listen to me. Take a deep breath, in and out." Jade coached calmly, inhaling and exhaling gently. Alisha was heard doing the same motion before she kept going, this time a bit more calmer. "I came to check on my mum after coming home from school, but I found the house trashed and she was nowhere to be seen. Please, Aunt Jade? Will you look for her?" the fourteen year old begged over the phone.

Jade glanced at her family, all had the same worried looks on their faces for Alisha. Reyes was her only family now, Reyes' sister, Una had died a year ago from breast cancer. So for Alisha to be this hysterical about her mother's disappearance, yeah, she had every right to be upset and worried.

"Pack a few for your belongings, Alisha. I'm coming to get you. Wait there with your phone, alright?" Jade told her gently. Alisha sniffled. "Okay, please hurry."

The line went dead and Jade went to put it back in the kitchen before she headed back to her family. "Shadow and I will go get her and try to figure out what happened to Reyes. We shouldn't be too long." she said, grabbing her bow that was leaning against the wall next to the TV and slinging it over her shoulder with her quiver, hooking her two red climbing axes to a hook on her belt along with her pistol in its holster strapped to her right thigh and finally her radio clipped to her belt. She had a jacket on overtop of her green shirt to blend in with Shadow as he flew them towards New York, where Reyes and Alisha lived in a small two bedroom house.