New guradian

Well, this is it! The last chapter to this story on Wattpad! I hope all of you had a great time reading this and I want to thank you for voting and commenting on this, I am so happy you like it. And I want to give a big shoutout to my family who have supported me through this! I love them so much! And another big shoutout to Skyfurylover for the comment and votes, thank you so much! I'll be uploading the first few chapters of my sequel once this is over. Please enjoy this last chapter. Read, vote and comment. Thank you all, my darlings! :)

"Jason Maxwell's body was found near the old warehouse that went up in flames last week, we don't know who started the fire, but if we do find them, they will be sent to jail." the news was on a tv at a computer store, the pictures of the burning warehouse shown on the screen as people stopped to watch, holding umbrella's over their head's to shield themselves from the downpour on this cold, Sunday.

Thunder boomed and lightning flashed as Alisha, with tears running down her face, mixing with the rainwater, placed a red rose on her mother's coffin as the priest read from a bible, telling the guests how Reyes was taken from this world too soon. A hand rested on the teen's left shoulder and another on her right, she looked up to see Lara and Jade, the latter who was released from hospital finally a few days ago, but under strict orders by the doctor not to do any heavy lifting, gazing at her with love and sympathy in their eyes, umbrellas held in their hands as the rain poured from the cloudy sky. They wore black clothes on this dark, dreary day.

The wolves, not caring about getting soaked, water dripping off their water drenched fur, each placed a red rose on the coffin that held their friend's body. Lara and Jade placed theirs on the lid and watched as it was lowered into the ground, all of them taking turns shovelling dirt on the coffin before they began to disperse, the funeral now over.

With a hand on both of Alisha's shoulder, Lara and Jade led the teen to the black car parked near the entrance of the cemetery. They climbed in and drove off down the road as Soren and his siblings ran after it, keeping pace easily. They arrived home and headed inside, changing into fresh clothes and both Jade and Lara held Alisha close as she cried in their arms, the two older women stroking the teen's hair gently. Soren, his siblings and the five dragon's, Lara had given Opal the option to be free or stay, after a moment's consideration, the Light Fury chose to stay with Lara and her family, wishing to be with Shadow, who was now her mate.

Each of them nuzzled the teen, trying to comfort her in the time of need. They all crowded around the teen and two older women, joining together in a group hug as the rain poured outside.

()()()()

"Miss Harmony, may I ask why you wish to have custody of Alisha Reyes?" the judge asked Jade, who stood at a table in. A courtroom with Alisha beside her, Lara sat in the stands with the wolves as witnesses. Two weeks had gone by since Reyes' funeral, giving everyone, especially Alisha, the time to mourn. But now they needed to see if she could be adopted into the family by Jade.

"Well, your honour. Since Alisha has no known relatives, I want to see if I could adopt her as my own because I cannot have children." Jade said, hands folded to her front respectfully. The judge gazed at her for a few seconds before he spoke. "And are you aware that if something goes wrong, Alisha Reyes will be put into an orphanage?"

"I am, your honour. But I would like to try and give her the best chance." she said strongly. The judge looked at his council and whispered to them. "We will see what the council says, please sit until then, Miss Harmony." Jade did so, sitting down as Alisha sat in her chair. The judge and council left the courtroom to talk in peace and discuss whether Jade will be allowed to adopt Alisha or not.

Reaching out, Jade gripped Alisha's hand tightly in her own, squeezing it in reassurance. "It'll be okay, sweetie." she whispered softly to the teen, who scooted her chair over and wrapped her arms around Jade tightly.