Chapter 7

You've got to be kidding me, (y/n) blinks.

Standing straight in front of her, are none other than the trio surgeon, Law, Shachi and Penguin. Law just seems surprised to find (y/n) here, Penguin continues slurping on his drink while Shachi is the only one overreacts to the accidental meeting with the female in front.

"Soooo.... what are you guys doing here?" (y/n) asks.

"Law is participating in the competition" Shachi rubs his neck.

"For today?"

"Yeap," Penguin says. "We're the cheerleaders."

"What about you, (y/n)-chan? What are you doing here?"

"Clearly... I'm a cheerleader as well." She replies while pulling down her shirt a bit, showing the design of her t-shirt to them. It was in plain black color, but there's a figure of someone printed on it, with words at the below of it written as 'good luck Mr. Marimo!'

.
.
.

"Isn't that...." Shachi tries to recall his memory.

"It's Zoro. The green haired guy you guys met last time with Luffy... He's participating for the competition as well and l... Well, most of our friends are here to support him." She replies with equivalent enthusiasm as the cheers that's going on in the hall that holds the competition at the moment.

(Y/n) knows what's going on in the mind of theirs like won't it be weird for her to wear that kind of t-shirt and walk around in public like that? After all, it's only a kendo competition, though it's in state level and winning this could be the ticket for your entrance at the international level. Plus, it's embarrassing to walk with that t-shirt, isn't it?

"I only wear this to piss Zoro off. He said it looks ridiculous and it's embarrassing him". She paused.

"But that's the purpose! He gets stronger when he's furious and unleashe his anger to the opponent," she laughs, but the sudden deafening cheers from the hall slightly surprises her, before she cringes.

Law smirks, receiving a glare from the said female.

"The fight will begin soon. We need to get inside," Law immediately turns to the left and enters the room. Penguin gives his toothy grin before nudging the said female to get into the room as well since they couldn't risk the chance of their participating friends being called but they're not present.

"By the way, how come he could participate in this competition? Isn't it opens for universities students only?" (y/n) asks after they part ways with Law and are looking for spots to sit.

This month is the Grand Tournament for various sports, including football, hockey, volleyball as well as martial arts like kendo, jiujitsu, and taekwondo. The participation is only opened to all students of any universities, but ever since last year, the numbers of participants that look more than a student have been flocking in. So it raises questions in her head.

And today happens to be Kendo game, where both Law and Zoro participate in.

"There are few companies in the world that have parent-subsidiary collaboration with the Grand Line university and the Grand Tournament. And the employees from the said companies are allowed to participate in. Our New World hospital happens to be the parent-subsidiary and so Law is allowed to participate in the game". Penguin helps to explain. Shachi torts behind them while holding the food and drinks that they bought tightly while walking passing the crowds carefully.

(Y/n) hums in understanding. Penguin's explanation makes everything clear now. Except...

" Has the policy been recent? Because I noticed quite a number of very adult looking people participated ever since two years ago, while last year had the sudden increment in terms of number." She stops abruptly when two kids running in front of her out of nowhere.