Tuesday Morning Pancakes

“Morning Love.” Thomas grinned as he sleepily opened his eyes.

“Morning.” I smiled from my desk near the bed. I was catching up on some work I was meant to finish the night before, but I got…um…distracted.

“What are you doing?” he asked as he sat up and stretched. I sneaked a look at his muscles flexing in the early morning sun.

“Just some work stuff.” I closed my laptop. “Are you hungry?”

“Starving” Thomas patted his stomach.

“How about pancakes?” I said.

“Sounds wonderful.” Thomas grinned as he threw off the blankets.

As Thomas showered I started on the pancakes. I wasn’t worried about Judie or her boyfriend.  They were never awake this early.

I was mixing the batter together when I heard Thomas enter the room.

“Do you need any help?” Thomas asked.

“No you just sit down. I made you a coffee.” I pointed to the mug on the table. Thomas walked over behind me. He was just slightly taller than me and I felt his breath on the back of my neck.

“Can I help you with something?” I asked sarcastically.

“Love,” Thomas said with a worried tone “You’re mixing it all wrong.”

“What? No I’m not!” I said shocked. My pancakes were good. They were always a little bit flat but they were good nonetheless.

“No you should do it like you’re putting little bubbles of air into it, not like you’re churning butter.”

“Well if you’re such an expert.”  I laughed. Thomas put his arms around me and held my hands in his. He moved them as I held onto the spoon.

“See, lightly. Little bubbles of air.”  His voice made me shiver. “Make them nice and fluffy.”

After the mix was done we poured the first pancake into the frying pan.

As we waited for it to cook, we started to wash the dishes. I washed and Thomas dried. When he wasn’t looking I took a handful of the bubbles from the sink and put them on his chin.

He looked at me with his mouth wide open in shock, he looked ridiculous with his beard of bubbles. I thought he was going to the same to me but instead he leaned in close and kissed me on the lips. The bubbles squished slimily between our faces but I ignored them. We continued to kiss as the water dripped down our necks.

“Ahem.” My roommate Judie coughed loudly to announce her presence.  Thomas and I broke apart.

“This is new.” She grinned mischievously. “Tuesday morning pancakes. Someone had fun last night.”