Four letter word

Later that night I was watching TV when I heard a rumbling noise outside of my window. It sounded like a motorbike but I tried to ignore it. It kept getting louder and louder and wouldn’t go away. Curiosity got the better of me and I stuck my head out of the window. I looked down and saw Thomas on a motorcycle riding in circles on the road out front.

“What are you doing you mad man?” I yelled down at him. Stopped the bike and smiled up at me.

“Trying to get your attention.” He yelled. “I guess it worked.”

I grabbed my coat and ran downstairs to the street. As I ran out to greet him I smirked.

“Phone broken?” I said when I reached him. Thomas smiled and put his hands on my shoulders. I was taken aback by his silence.

Thomas looked me in the eye and gently pulled me in close. He placed his hand on my cheek the way he did when we first kissed that night, only a few metres from where we stood now. Just like that night, the butterflies rose in my stomach and my heart pounded in my chest. There was only us in this world. He placed his warm lips on mine and kissed me softly. I pressed my body into his and felt our heartbeats synchronise. I never wanted the moment to end.

“Ahem.” Said one of my cranky, old neighbours Louise as she stood with her grocery bags in the doorway.

Thomas and I pulled away awkwardly.

“Evening Miss.” Thomas said to Louise. She huffed and walked to the elevator. Thomas and I laughed.

“Seriously, Thomas.” I said. “What are you doing here?” I looked at him. He was wearing a big black coat and jeans with black leather boots. His hair was matted from his helmet.

He grinned at me.

“I’m here to see you, Ella.” He said.

“But why?” I laughed again.

“Why? Why? That is the ultimate question is it not. Well, I have a reason why. After all the years of scientists and philosophers asking, I, Thomas Sangster have found the answer to the never ending question; Why.” He held my hand and giggled. He was acting a little strangely. There were no signs that he was drunk or high, but still he seemed different.

“What are you on about?” I asked.

“Let me finish.” He took my other hand. “Today I found myself in a rather strange mood. I didn’t know what was wrong. I thought I had the flu. I had a strange feeling in my chest and stomach and everything looked different. Nothing had changed, but still nothing was the same. I sat alone and thought to myself all day. What was wrong with me? Then it struck me. I’m in love.” Thomas laughed giddily. “Ella I am in love! I am ridiculously in love with you. I have thrown myself into the depths of the unknown terrors of love and I couldn’t be more thrilled. I love you Ella.”

I couldn’t stop myself. I didn’t need to.

“I love you too, Thomas.”

Hey guys! I’ve been super busy with school lately and haven’t had much time for writing. I don’t know if I will continue this story but I have some cool new stories in the works that will arrive shortly. The feedback on this story has been great so far, so if you have a request for where the story goes from here let me know! Love all you shuck faces, adios!