"You can sleep over at mine"

As Owen started opening up his muffin and taking a bite, i took a sip of coffee and thought to myself

Should I tell him about Nicholas?

The weighting of this decision went fast and I said-

"Hey, you know, a weird thing happened to me yesterday when you left. Like an hour later" I held my cup near my lips as I was looking at the coffee inside it.

"Mmhm? " He questioned reaching for his cup.

"I met this guy, Nicholas, he's a Hollywood actor and played Henry Bowers in new 'It'. I promised him I will go to the cinema with him.."

Owen choked on his coffee and started coughing as I felt guilty for saying what I said.

" I-I mean i was taken by surprise, he talked so fast. I know you think i'm stupid to go for a ..date..- i did air quotes with my hands - with i guy i literally met 5 minutes ago.. I-I ..- I stuttered as I saw Owen smile a bit while wiping the coffee from his lips.

" What?" I smiled too

"I just don't believe you (y/n), an actor?" He scoffed though I think he spoke seriously.

"Okay, you don't believe me? I will google him and show you." - I squint my eyes and reach for my phone.

Owens face expression became tense as his fingertips started to drum on the table.

As I google "Nicholas It movie 2019" I saw a lot of the photos and pressed at the fist one turning the screen to Owen.

"There. Thats him. I'm not kidding" I wanted him to believe me.

His look was running across the screen as he took my phone, locked it and put it back to my side of the table.

"I believe you, (y/n), i do." He put a strand of long, black hair behind his ear and took his cup - "Its New York. You can meet anyone here." - his smile was very comforting and I relaxed a little bit.

"But what do you think? I owe him a date to the cinema to his movie!" - i look at the table, drumming my fingers against it. When i close my eyes of tiredness, my head is filled with sound of coffee machine, distant conversations and rain against the window. Everything seems to slow down finally. Im here, in warmth, with a great person, and an untouched croissant. As i think about surroundings, I feel a big warm hand cover mine. The fingers stop drumming the table, my eyes widen as my cheeks heat up. I see Owen looking me in the eyes.

"Everything will be okay, (y/n)." For the first time these words seemed like truth. They stung my heart with warmth and calm as a wide smile ran across my face and i looked at Owen. And he at me.

The time around us seemed to stop. All i could see clearly is his figure. Feel his thin long fingers on top of my hand. Nothing else mattered. His eyes showed nothing but support and comfort. His thin lips were rose pink and shaped in a smile. All I wanted is to kiss him right now.

While this moment seemed as forever, my phone buzzed and got colors of this moment to fade a little bit, as I moved my hand and Owen pulled his away.

This message has got to fucking worth my attention.

I give Owen a small smile and pick my phone up.

It's Nicholas.

Unknown number

Hi, (y/n)! Its Nicholas, from the cafe:). I wanted to let you know i want to invite you tomorrow to the cinema for "It" at (adress of the cinema in NY) at 4 pm. What do you think?