"You right. Couch sucks."

After I thanked Owen another ten times and asked if it really is okay, he assured me of it and we held our path towards the center of New York.

The sun was setting down, reflecting bright colours onto the glass surface of skyscrapers. The closer we got to the tall metal giants, the less sun could be seen behind them. That got me thinking about citizens here, and how they are so used not to see nature at its sizes and beauty. How the wide open sky with its heavenly colours - is something that people are so not used  to see. The wind was becoming calmer, but I decided to keep the coat on because the temperature wasn't getting warmer. I shrugged in an oversized jacket.

"It's 5 minutes away" His voice was so smooth, for a second I thought it came from my head.

I nodded. Then said.

"Hey, Owen. Do you miss the nature? Like, the open sky, the grass and flowers that go until the horizon? The sun that is seen until the very last minute of the sunset?"  I looked at my shoes before looking up to him, who was still looking at the path before him.

"Don't you get tired of living in a steel maze?" He looked at me and scoffed.

"You sure you still asking about New York?"  His lips curved into a smile and then said

"Next turn- that us" Owen stayed so calm, that I thought he forgot about the question. But no, he was just thinking

" I guess so... You are a deep thinker, huh?" He laughed and pushed the black strands of hair behind his ear. I only smiled in response.

If I would be given a dollar anyone says that I would have about a million dollars in my pocket already.

" I guess people don't notice how smoothly the change is happening in their lives. They think they have it under control, only to then realise that they missed the process, and now, stuck with the result. Sometimes pleasing, but sometimes they just decide to live with it"  His eyes looked very burdened. He was talking not about New York, I bet my non-existent million on that.

"You sure you still talking about New York?" a small smile appears on his rosy lips and his eyes lock with mine.

The color of days sky.

"This turn." He took my hand and gently led to the left.

After a couple more steps we came close to a small (correct to NY standards) building, with 5 floors. It's nicely managed, almost all balconies have flowers put onto the metal barrier. The building is also surrounded by the same height buildings, but different colour and type of material its made out. The one we are we walking in is made out of classical red bricks but very nicely put.
This building reflects a good feeling.

As we walked in, a wave of chill air placed on my cheeks. It was warmer inside than outside, but not hot. I was looking at the surroundings. It was a normal entrance. White metal mailboxes with numbers. A big stone staircase with metal holders on its sides. It looked like no one used it in a while. The floor was covered with a big, maroon carpet which has already worn out, but it probably was some kind of geometrical design with yellow stripes. The chandelier was hanging in the center of the room accompanied with other light on the walls which gave the room very soft yellow lighting.

Owen was walking in front of me, on his way to the elevators which were at the end of the room, next to the staircase. There were two elevators, one of which came very fast after Owen presses the button. He pressed the fifth floor and stood near me in silence as we were going up.

I'm going to Owens apartment.

A small wave of panic went through my body, but with a deep breath I calmed myself down again, not letting the panic grow.