"Almost touching"

A soft warmth was coming and going to my forehead. Sleepy eyes were tough to open, as well as keep open afterwards. My whole body felt a little stiff with sleep. After a small stretch, muscles felt as light as air and I opened my eyes. In front of me were partly opened, rosy lips. A pale chin and a defined jawline behind it. A few black strands were laying on top of the cheek, but most of them were on the laying on the neck. I looked up. Long nose, closed eyes with long, black eyelashes. Thin eyebrows, messy hair. Looking back at Owen's lips I noticed his hands in front of him, near mine. Almost touching.

Almost touching.

The blanket was going only up to "a little below the shoulder".

It was tempting not to push the blanket a little higher.

It was so tempting not to kiss him.

His bedsheets were crispy, freshly washed. Their light blue colour was lightened up by rays of sunshine coming from the window.

I was right about the light.

I scoffed and snuggled deeper into the sheets.

A deep exhale exited my body and I looked at his hand again. It was so close to mine. Too close. As if its a dare, or a test of my inner strength not to do it.

No. Bullshit.

His palm was open, long fingers separated like petals. Owen's pinky was less than a centimetre away from mine.

Well. I guess you can't resist the feeling.

I moved my pinky and it touched his. Looking him in the face for a change I saw nothing. Good.

Then, I moved all my fingers and now they were almost intertwined. Almost.

Before I could do the next move, I felt the fingers tighten and all of them intertwining.

Like a complete puzzle.

After a deep breath, I heard a raspy voice.

"Good morning"  Owen smiled and turned to his back to stretch, but then turned back to me.

A wave of warmth went through my face, brightening my cheeks. I felt like i should let go of his fingers, but he held them tight.

"Good morning,"  I said when his face was opposite to mine.

His sleepy blue eyes looked at mine, they shifted to my nose, my cheeks, my lips...

They stayed on my lips for a little while and then went back to the eyes.

Teaser.

I looked at his lips too. At one moment I thought I would collect the strength to lean in, but I didn't. I close my eyes.

I shouldn't.

Though... Why shouldn't I? Does he have a girlfriend? No.. Does he hate me? I don't think so. He has been so nice to me, I don't think...

Warm, soft lips touched mine in a short kiss.

He was leaning back, but I kissed him as the magnetic force didn't want us to be apart. He did the same. It felt... wanted... passionate.

Our lips moved in sync, whilst the feeling of his silk-like lips being on mine made me tremble. After a few moments, I leaned back and smiled. He looked at me and smiled too. Owen's hand was putting my hair behind the ear and strolling his fingers through locks.

"I waited for so long to do that" He exhaled.

I laughed.

( a/n - I really want this to be a separate chapter because I feel like this moment deserves it. Next chapter coming soon. Love, Ann ;))