"No coat, or Italian shoes"

I haven't talked or seen Owen for four days.

I met Emma at her house after the cinema, at around 10 pm. When, after hours of walking through NY and finally letting myself to be a tourist, I realized that I have nowhere to go.

She was really happy to see me after being one to two with her parents 24/7, and after hearing the story of the past days she just nodded and rubbed my back in silence, with only rapid breaths breaking air and thus was I, trying not to break down and lay on the floor in tears and feeling stupid.

Emma begged her parents to let me stay, and with no internal want to do that, they were ready to push me out of the front door, even knowing I'm basically homeless. After some time, they both pressed their lips very tightly, and with clenched jaws let me stay, at which Emma and I deeply exhaled and went to her room to get ready for bed.

"Why do your parents.. hate me so much?"  I asked walking into the room and Em closing the door behind us.

" I don't know. I don't even think they know." she shrugged and slowly walked to her vinyl player and a huge picnic basket of vinyl disks on the floor.

Emma's room was quite big, with a lot of free space in the middle and only boxes and essentials like a bed and a desk on the perimeter of the room. The walls were violet and the floor was fully covered by already worn-out carpet. The walls of the room were  fade of the sunlight, falling onto the same place for more than a decade. Below the window, was the bed, which we are used to sharing since we were five 7 years old.  There were also some posters on the wall, which held the entrance. I was bands like "Noah and the Whale" "Foster the People" and other.

Sitting down at her bed in complete exhaustion I hear small cracklings of a needle on the disk and then a song which I heard so long ago,started playing and made me turn around, seeing Emma smiling at me sweetly. The song was by "Noah and the Whale" called "L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N".

She laid next to me and we hugged, laying in each other arms softly singing to the chorus and understanding we both need this song, and each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After four days living the best days with Emma, she needed to go to the hospital every 2 days for a small checkup and a talk with a therapist, and this time, she asked if I want to come by with her. After agreeing to it, we were both getting ready and talking about what should we wear and telling nonexistent stories of what could happen today, but most likely never will.

After another burst of laughter, we both went silent for a moment.

"It's your eighth day in New York today. For how long did you plan to stay?" Emma broke the silence.

"For twelve."

A sudden thought of Owen broke into my mind and somehow made me feel ashamed of how I over-reacted, but I brushed it away.

"So, four days left, eh?"Emma asked a rhetorical question with a monotone voice.

"Uh-huh"- I looked at her. She didn't want me to leave. I didn't want to leave either. But I had to.

I walked up to her and held her shoulders saying, with a big smile-

"Don't get grumpy, it's whole four days!!" I rose a finger in the air like a mad scientist "Four!! It's a lot of time, plus the last four, and the last eight, in fact, were the most memorable in the past year, honestly"

Emma had a small smile appear on her lips, but still looking down. I continued.

"I made so many pictures! Come on, look!" I sat us both down and unlocked my phone, going to the camera roll.