A sweet suprise after tragedy

Continued from -Loveroflove- Jusuf Nurkić imagine involving me. (THANKS SO MUCH I CAN'T STOP READING IT OVER AND OVER)

1 Week after the tragedy at Portland
My POV

I wake up from a long much needed sleep to find Jusuf missing from the other side of the bed where I'd been resting happily in his arms. "He must've left for prac-" I cant complete the thought before my brain flashes back a week prior. The sirens, the smoke, the fire. It all still haunts me. I pull my purple casted arm up above the sheets and stare at it. At this point it had been signed by the entire team, yes including a sweet little love message from my beast. I then get up and go to the kitchen for something to eat. Of course, if Jusuf had seen I hadn't eaten, he'd go crazy and make me eat. This is why I love him so much. He cares so much about me.

I finally approach and open the fridge to find a plastic wrapped plate full of chicken legs with a note on top.

"Went up to Seattle for practice. Be back soon. Eat some protein. You desperately need it love. I love you, my Ruža."

That's right. Seattle. The Seattle Storm, Seattle's WNBA team upon hearing of the tragedy at Portland, offered to let the Blazers use their practice facilities until Portland be rebuilt.

I unwrap the plate and began to reward the chicken on the stove when my stomach groveled at me. "Shut up stomach" I angrily say to no one in particular. I soon feel the nausea coming on. I sometimes get nauseous in the morning because of my empty stomach, but this was more than usual. I finish the chicken and turn off the stove. I pick up a piece of chicken and take a bite only to succumb to my nausea.

I dash to the restroom and empty my already empty gut into the toilet. Just then I hear a familiar voice behind me.

"You alright Ruža?" Jusuf calmly says.

"Yeah just a little nauseous."I say back.

Jusuf picks up the little calendar I track my monthly cycle in and looks at it. He then looks at me with wide eyes.

"R-Ruža dear......" Jusuf says with fake fear in his voice.

"Yeah my love?" I respond with a smile knowing his fear is fake.
He smiles back at me with a little excitement.
"You're late. I think I know what this means." He helps me up off the toilet seat and turns me gently towards the mirror.
"Jusuf, what are you doing?" I ask with a little giggle as he lifts my shirt a little and places his hand on my stomach.

"I think we have a pleasant little surprise here. I'm pretty sure you're pregnant." He smiles and opens the door while gently picking me up bride style and kissing my belly. We both giggle with joy. I'm pretty sure I know where this is going next.

***************

Thanks for reading! I enjoyed writing this myself! Be sure to leave your suggestions and recommendations in the comments! Until next time, Nurk Love! ❤️🖤🏀🌹