Breaking the silence

The next day at practice

Jusuf POV

I have to tell him. I have to tell coach. But how? I didn't pay in the playoffs last year and we suffered because of that. But I can't let my Ruža suffer. She looks visibly pale. Her eyes are swollen as if she had allergies. Coach can't notice her or me. Shit. He sees me. He's going to see right through me.

Coach walks over to me as I sit and contemplate going home.
"Hey Nurk, you seem down. What's wrong bud?" Coach asks trying his best to calm me.
"Is something wrong with Reise? Miscarriage? Complications?" Coach asks.
"No. At least.....not yet." I reply, thinking of her at home.
"Not yet?" Coach responded.
"No......did you see the news this morning?" I ask almost falling apart, feeling my heart shatter with her.
"No?" Coach replied
"Her childhood best friend was brutally shot and murdered by her psychopathic dad who still remains at large...." I explained while losing control of my emotions.
"She's super upset and stressed especially after losing Jennifer...." I continue while sobbing.
"And.....she's pregnant and too much stress and she-" Jusuf was cut off by Coach.
"I know.....it's happened to me before......" Coach explained while gently rubbing Jusufs back as to calm him.

Suddenly my phone rings. It's CJ who I sent over to check on Ruža. Shit. Oh no. It's happened. I just have a feeling it's happened. Ugh I'm scared and nervous.
"I gotta take this." I frantically say whilst grabbing my phone and running to the locker room.
"CJ?" I pick up rather frantically.
"Jusuf! You need to come home right away. There's something wrong. It's Reise." CJ frantically explains.
"I'll be there as soon as I can. You come back and finish practice. I got her." I frantically reply.

"There's something wrong with Ruža. I gotta go help her." I frantically explain to Coach.
"Alright, let me know how she's doing." Coach replies.

I had a feeling this would happen.....she's been through so much emotionally. I had a bad feeling it was her or our baby that was going to die. I'm just hoping she's alright. But.....

As I walk into the house the first thing I see is a trail of blood leading to the living room, where I find a bleeding Ruža. She's crying and sobbing frantically.
"Jusuf..... it hurts." She whimpers in pain as she sees me.
I scoop her up and call 911. She's crying as I hold her and she bleeds into my arms. I can't help but cry myself. It hurts not only her but me as well. I hate seeing my love in pain. It hurts, but at least I can hold her while we take the long grueling ride in the back of an ambulance.....

***********
This chapter is complete! Thank you for all of your views and support! Until next time, All Light, All Hope, and all Nurk Love to ya! ❤️🖤🏀🇧🇦😘