A Broken Heart

Just only a few days before the wedding, Daniel asked me out to dinner and I accepted his invitation and I dressed myself beautiful for the night.

At the restaurant, even before a waiter could give us the menu, I kept talking to Daniel about our upcoming wedding.

"So, I got our venue, my wedding dress, my bridesmaids' dresses, our flower bouquets, our photographer and I even hired a hair and make up stylist, and...", I continued.

"Katrina! I invited you here to talk to you about something else, not the wedding.", Daniel replied. "Oh, ok. What is it?", I asked. Daniel held both of my hands and took a deep breath.

"I'm here to tell you that I want to call off the wedding. I want a break up.", Daniel sighed. This left me speechless as I couldn't believe what Daniel just told me.

"What? But we're getting married!", I cried. "But I don't want to marry you, Katrina. I made a mistake for proposing to you and I realise you're not the one for me. Plus, I found someone else.", Daniel replied.

When he told me that he found someone else, it broke my heart, as he decided to dump me for another girl.

Without saying, I jumped off my seat and fled out of the restaurant, crying my eyes out as it was raining!

Daniel ran after me, as I tried to run away. "Katrina! Wait!", Daniel called out. I stopped and confronted him.

"How could you do this to me?!", I cried. "I'm sorry.", Daniel cried. "You were the only guy that I truly love and you promised me that we'll be together forever! And you broke that promise.", I cried.

"I know, and I'm sorry that I did.", Daniel sighed. I continue to cry I looked at Daniel. "I thought you loved me", Katrina cried. "Of course I love you!", Daniel cried.

"But you don't seem to, as you now have someone new!", I cried. "Katrina, I...", Daniel replied. "I don't want to see you ever again!", I cried, as I took off my engagement ring and threw it at him, which hit the ground.

I then ran away and I ran back home and told my dad, who tries to comfort me. My dad was not happy at Daniel for what he did to me and tells him to stay away from me.

"Stephen, I just want to say....", Daniel replied. "You'll be staying away from my daughter! You don't look her, you don't touch her and you don't talk to her!", Dad yelled.

As my engagement to Daniel was officially over, I became depressed and upset over the break up. I couldn't go to work or even talk to my friends.

I even had to unfollow Daniel on social media and even delete photos of us and him on my phone, and it was heartbreaking for me, to see my future being shattered by some guy who dumps me for another girl.