The Truth of Feelings Hurts

The next day, Connor confronts me about the kiss. "Katrina, we need to talk about what happened last night.", Connor replied. "Ok.", I replied.

"Why did you kiss me?", he asked. I looked at him and I was speechless. I tried to avoid it. "Hey, we gotta get going, we'll be late for work.", I replied, as I tried to walk away.

"No, wait!", Connor replied, as he grabbed my hand. I stopped and looked down, seeing his hand holding onto mine. "Please tell me why you kissed me last night.", Connor asked.

"Come with me and I'll tell you.", I replied, as I took Connor by the hand and led him into my room. "The truth is, I care about you Connor. I really do, like a lot. I know it's crazy to have feelings for a machine, but I see you more than just a machine.", I replied.

"What are you telling me?", Connor asked. "I'm telling you that I love you. Connor.", I sighed. Connor was speechless after I admit my feelings for him.

"Katrina, I'm an android. I can't be someone that you want. Like all androids, I cannot fall in love, especially with a human. I'll be send back to the facility and will be deactivated if I fall in love with you.", Connor replied.

"I know it's the law, but sometimes you can't help who you fall in love with.", Katrina replied. "I'm sorry, Katrina, but it's not going to happen", Connor sighed. Feeling rejected by an android, I ran out of the house and got into my car.

Connor ran after me. "Katrina!", he cried, as he chase me to my car. I lock my car so he couldn't get in and I drove off, leaving him behind. Connor took a taxi to work and was greeted by Dad, who is on crutches.

"Good morning, Connor.", Dad replied. "Morning, Stephen. Can I talk to you for a minute?", he asked. "Sure, come into my office.", Dad replied. Connor follows Dad into his office and shuts the door.

"What is it, Connor?", he asked. "Last night after the shooting, Katrina was worried about me and then she kissed me. Then, today, she told me that she loves me, seeing me like I'm human, not a machine.", Connor replied.

"My daughter kissed you?", Dad asked. "Yes, it was surprising.", Connor replied. "Do you feel the same way?", Dad asked.

"I don't know. In the third law, an android cannot fall in love with a human being, because we'll be send back to the android facility and will be deactivated if we do.", Connor replied. "Last night, I noticed Katrina caring you. Seems like she really does love you.", Dad replied.

Connor was speechless as he remained silent. "After your shift, go home and talk to her.", Dad replied. "Sure.", Connor replied, he then left Dad's office and return to his desk and start working.

Meanwhile, I left work early and decided to go out partying. I prettied myself up, doing my hair and make up, put on a nice red cocktail dress and long dangly earrings.

My grandmother was outside, pruning red roses from the garden when she saw me walking out, dressed so fancy. "Wow, you look great my dear.", my grandmother replied.

"Thank you, Nan. When Connor comes home and wonders where I am, tell him that I'm going out to party, and tell him don't come and find me.", I replied.

"Sweetheart, I know you have feelings for Connor and I know how painful it is when doesn't feel the same way.", my grandmother sighed.

"Nan, can we please don't talk about it? Just tell Connor that I'm going out late and don't find me. Can you you tell him that? Thank you.", I replied, then I got into my car and drove off.

I arrived to the best nightclub in town and I drank, danced and partied throughout the night, like a party, wild child!

Back at home, Connor arrive back home by taxi, and went to find me. He went to my room and I wasn't there. He then found my grandmother, having her cup of tea outside.

"Eleanor, do you know where Katrina is? I need to talk to her.", Connor asked. "She's not home, she's gone out, probably going out to clubs and getting drunk.", my grandmother replied.

"Why do you say that?", Connor asked. "Because I saw her going out, wearing a nice dress today. "She also wants me to tell you not to go find her.", my grandmother sighed. "Why?", he asked.

"I think she's angry at you for rejecting her.", my grandmother replied. "I have to go find her before something bad happens to her.", Connor replied.

He called a taxi and got in then drove off to the nightclub. Back at the nightclub, I was still partying, dancing and drinking. I drank one drink after another and it never stopped until I was so drunk.

Connor found the nightclub I was in and got out of his taxi. Connor walks into the nightclub and showed the bouncer, his police badge and lets him in. Connor walks around, trying to find me, but couldn't.

Connor stood by the bar until he saw me dancing, and he stared at me for a long time. Meanwhile, I was having fun at the dance floor when a guy put his hands on my waist.

I turned around and he smiles at me. "Hey, baby girl.", he smiled. I scoff in disgust and slap him across the face, which angers him. He grabs me and tries take me with him. "Let go of me!", I screamed.

Connor witnessed the commotion and intervenes. He grabs the guy and pushes him away from me. "Leave her alone, now!", Connor yelled, as he kept me behind him. "Shut up, you fucking android!", the sleaze bag yelled.

Connor tackles and threw him down to the ground. The sleaze bag tries to throw a punch at Connor, but Connor blocks and punches him back, which leads into a fight. Connor knocks him down and fixes his tie.

He then takes me outside the nightclub. "You got to be careful, Katrina. He could've taken you.", Connor replied, as he helps me on my feet and we slowly walk to my car, which was parked far away from the nightclub.

"I told my grandmother to tell you not to go find me and you disobeyed her orders!", I yelled. "I know it's hard that the person you love don't feel the same way, but that person is me. I can't fall in love with a human being, that's the third law of an android.", Connor replied.

"Shut up!", I screamed, as I hit him across the face. "You never care about me, but only care about the fucking law!", I yelled. "When I officially got over Daniel, I thought I would moved on with you!", I yelled.

I then started crying and pounding both of my fists onto his chest, punching him non-stop. Connor tried to stop me. "Katrina, that's enough!", Connor yelled. He grabbed both of my wrists and lost his temper. "Stop! JUST STOP IT!", he yelled.

I then started crying and Connor realised what he just did. "Katrina, no. I didn't mean it!", Connor replied. "You sound just like him.", I replied, as I start to walk away. "Where are you going?", he asked.

"Going to get drunk! I need a fucking drink!", I replied, as I tried to walk away. "Katrina, I'm sorry!", Connor cried, as I continue to walk away and put out the rude finger at him.

I started walking until I suddenly lost my balance and collapsed to the ground, on my side. Connor witnessed me and reacted to my collapse.

"Katrina!", he cried, as he ran to my aid and roll me onto my back and held me in his arms as I was unconscious.

Connor scans me to check any thing happened to me and results were that I just passed out. Connor takes me into my car and drove me back home. Once we arrived back home, Connor carries me into the house and into my room, as I continue to sleep.

Connor gently lay me on my bed, and took off my shoes and put them away and put a blanket over me and slowly and gently stroke my face with his hand. Connor then left me to sleep.