Reminiscing Pt. 2

Merlin:

Merlin was laying in his bed thinking. Lucia had been taking on a lot more work as Camatins Ward and probable successor, working out meetings with council members, making sure the subjects are happy, the such. But merlin knew, she was taking more work than usual because she knew and understood that Merlin had been ever so slightly depressed since Arthurs departure from Camatin, and she was taking some of the stress off of the young brunette.

Merlin sighed and rolled over, looking at the scar on his arm, he thought about where it came from.

The spirit bite, when everyone was on the way to fight Morgona.

The Panther.

The spirit bite is when a warlock or witch uses their magic and apart of their soul to mark their loved ones. Merlin thought back to when he was explaining the bites to the knights. The spirit bite appears in a warlock or witches spirit animal, mine being a panther, and bites the loves ones, marking them. Usually with a scar. With the scar, an extremely small part of the warlocks magic is sent into the marked ones blood lines, it protects them from curses, hexes and generally any spell. If it doesn't scar, the bite leaves an irremovable bracelet with the spiritual animals head on it. Merlin remembers showing his wrist to the knights, you all have scars now, sorry by the way, and i have a bracelet because.. well I guess it's because it's my spirit animal and instead of scarring me, I have a bracelet I can never take off.

Merlin smiled weakly at the memory.

Gwaine.

Percival.

Leon.

Mordred.

Arthur.

They all had the scarred bites on their forearms and wrists. All of them were important enough to merlin, that the brunettes subconscious had to protect them.

No. Matter. What.

Merlin remembered a fun memory of his, it was a little after 2 weeks Merlin had revealed his magic.

Merlin, Leon, Gwaine, Percival and the other Camelot knights were in a tavern, drinking, joking and having fun. Arthur was across the tavern with someone, no one could see the second man but Merlin had to assume it was Mordred. Gwaine slung his arm around Merlins shoulders drunkenly,

"Heyy, Merlin! Sh-Show -hiccup- Show us a magic t-trick!" Merlin chuckled and said,

"Gwaine, you're drunk. Stop it." Percival appeared, slamming his large hang onto Merlins shoulder,

"Y-yeah! Show us a trick Merlin! Please!" Percival, despite his massive size and deep voice, whined the last word. Merlin sighed and set his cup down, then dunked two of his fingers, his index and middle fingers, into his cup. He curled his hands together, and brought his alcohol drenched fingers to his lips. He whispered something, it sounded Latin. His eyes flashed yellow, the usually bright, bright blue eyes looked as if they were burning, the pupils engulfed in yellow flames.

Everyone in the tavern was silent, the king of Camatin was using his magic in public. Not unusual, but still magnificent and just utterly enticing. Merlin smiled, looked around and opened his hand. A butterfly, made entirely of alcohol, an occasional drip of booze dripping onto the floor. Merlin, who was grinning, whispered something else in Latin, his eyes burned again and the butterfly took off, floating around in circles.

Merlin suddenly grabbed a knife and tossed it with such accuracy, the knife went clean through the cocktailed butterfly, the alcohol immediately dripping onto Gwaine's upturned face. Everyone started laughing, Merlin enchanted some silverware, and two plates, they began to dance around the drunken knights. Merlin turned a chair into a domesticated cat, it danced on the tables and such. Gwaine suddenly danced over and sloppily, drunkenly, and childishly, wrapped his arms around Merlins shoulders, yelling loudly,

"Alright, that proves it! This is my warlock! Get your own!!" Everyone laughed, but suddenly someone grabbed Merlins wrist, and began to pry gwaines hands and arms off of the warlocks shoulders, Merlin turned and was met by Arthur's bright red cheeks.

Arthur dragged Merlin out of the tavern, the laughter and the other drunken noises coming from the taverns open doors, as merlin was dragged off, the magic spells wore off and the butterflies turned back fully into alcohol, the chair turned back into a tilted chair, the silverware set itself on a table. Once Arthur and Merlin were far enough away, Arthur slammed the brunette into a wall, earning a slightly pained wince from Merlin. Merlin looked at Arthur, the alcohol was starting to wear off, considering he hadn't actually consumed that much alcohol.

"Arthur, what the hell are you doing?! I was-" Merlin was cut off by Arthur slamming his lips into Melrin's. Merlin gasped, surprised and Arthur took the chance, sliding his tongue into merlins mouth, mapping out and analyzing it.

Merlin pulled away, shocked.

"A-Arthur?" Arthur leaned forward, his lips inches from Merlin's ear,

"I can't take it anymore.. I just can't. You, Merlin Emrys, are the most amazing, spontaneous, just brilliant warlock and the most considerate, most caring, and the most pigheaded and selfless man I've ever met. And you're mine. Mine." Merlins eyes widened just as Arthur slammed his lips into merlins again.

Someone chuckled and the blonde and the brunette broke apart abruptly, only to see a some what sober Gwaine and completely and totally sober Mordred standing at the edge of the building, smiling. Mordred shrugged and said quietly,

"Finally."

After several tense seconds of silence, the four broke apart. Gwaine and Mordred walked off, and Arthur quite literally dragged Merlin to the castle.

Stuff happened.

Merlin smiled again, God Arthur could get possessive sometimes.

Merlin rolled over again and closed his eyes, falling asleep thinking about Arthur and the others.

Hey lovelies!! Sorry for the short update!! :( Is everyone liking the story so far? Good!!

A little possessive!Arthur but I kind of like the whole "possessive, he's mine back the hell off " behavior in certain fan-fics.

Enjoy, I'll try to update every week from now on!! :)