Another side

the fire of curiosity was not ready to blow down in ansh's mind when he saw the news but there were many questions ran inside his head. out of curiosity, he decided to ask nisha regarding this. he went to her room and knocked on the door. she opened the door and glared at him. he smiled at her. 

"why you're showing your 32 teeth?" - nisha asked him coldly. he immediately stopped smiling at her.

"because i wanted to remind you to brush your teeth before going to sleep... mummy didn't teach you we need to brush our teeth twice a day" - ansh tried to crack a joke but she gave a confusing look.

"is this a joke?" - nisha asked him where he nodded yes continuously.

"i don't like jokes" - she pointed the finger to him.

"i don't like you"  - he pointed his finger to her. they both laughed.

"now, tell me what you want from me?"- nisha came to the point and traced his mind. 

"not here, come with me" - he pulled her from her room and they both came to the balcony.

"why did you ask me to come here?" - nisha asked him confusingly.

"tell me, after i faint what and all happened" - ansh asked nisha.

"eh... why are you asking?" - nisha asked him.

"just tell me... i will buy you whatever you want" - ansh said to nish and provoked her.

"i won't believe you... swear it on your mother..." - nisha asked him.

"ok... i swear it on my mother... first tell me... what happened after i faint?" - ansh asked her out of frustration.

"after you faint... we took you to the hospital... mom cried and your dad (he glared at her) i mean Mr. Oberoi cried on seeing you on that condition... i cried on seeing both of them... and Mr. Kapoor came bad mouthed mom as usual and threaten you and your mom... and your mother asked your fa (she bitted her tongue) i mean Mr. Oberoi to leave the place... and you got consciousness... that's it" - she said casually.

"where was Mr. Oberoi when Mr. Kapoor came?" - ansh asked her in a confusing tone.

"what a foolish question? he was there with us" - nisha replied to him.

"it means Mr. Oberoi was present when he bad mouthed my mother" - he asked her.

"of course" - she said.

"did he took mum's side when he was abusing my mother with his words?" - ansh questioned her where her expression changed and nodded no.

"thank god, it was my over thinking... for a second, i thought... leave it... now i am cleared" - ansh relieved.

"but, he got hurt... i sense it in his face... by the way, what are you talking about?" - nisha asked him. he showed his phone to her and informed, Mr. Kapoor got bankrupt. she was shocked to hear that news but it was the expected one to nisha.

"it may be coincidental nish..." - ansh said it to nisha.

"before concluding anything, we need to do proper research... you only said it to me" - nisha reminded his words to him. 

saying that she snatched his phone from his hand and started to search more about Oberoi industries buying Kapoor industries shares. ansh remained silent and sneaked into the phone when she searched about it.

"see, in one article they questioned why the CEO of Oberoi industries took the decision to buy the shares inside India as their most of the dealing in abroad. see there's another article, Oberoi industries risked their outsource due to that... oh my god ansh, i think more than Kapoor's, Oberoi's are suffering..."  - nisha exclaimed on reading the article which made ansh to lost in thoughts.

"ansh, he bought his share by risking his company... do you think he did it coincidently?" - nisha questioned ansh. he shockingly looked at her.

"you are saying that he did for me... for saving my career" - he asked nisha.

"only he can able to answer that...ansh... but i don't know how you accused him easily by knowing the half-truth... he too has some story behind..." - nisha exclaimed after a long pause.

"you are saying there must be a valid reason behind leaving a pregnant lady alone" - ansh fumed at her.

"i don't mean that... i know he did sin by leaving you guys alone... but your ever thought about his side?" - nisha asked him and also made him think.

"i don't think there may be a reason... let's not talk about this... i am having match day-after-tomorrow... good night" - he said and left the place.

but her questions made him think deeply and also he recognized a fact that he never asked his mom to take DNA test face to face. every conversation happened over the phone. he stopped his chain of thoughts and decided not to think about it and he slept but his mind kept on pinching him to know another side of the story. 

next day, his coach called anika and informed the venue of the match changed and it will be happening in Mumbai. anika became conscious and also she has one important meeting to attend in Bangalore on the day. so she decided to discuss it with ansh.

"maa, no problem ... you can stay here... i will manage" - ansh said but anika was in half-minded.

"but" - anika resisted.

"maa, i will do a video call before going to match... so mom... don't worry mom... i will be okay"- ansh said and assured her he will be fine.

"maa, shall i ask you something?" - ansh initiated.

"Hmm, ask..." - anika permitted him.

"maa... shall i stay in grandma house?" - ansh asked her. 

"but they are not in Mumbai" - anika said after a long pause.

"maa... are you talking to them? because i don't remember when i met them last..." - ansh suspiciously asked him.

"yup... occasionally" - she said without facing him.

"mom, are you hiding something from me?" - ansh asked her. 

"your grandma is so superstitious ... she thought she may harm you... that too you born on my brothers birthday... so she kept herself away from you... and you know about your grandpa right... can't able to live without his wife" - she opened up.

"that's why you named me 'ansh'..." - ansh asked her.

she laughed and asked, "any doubts".

"i thought... leave it" - ansh signed.

"but i am half minded ansh... shall i accompany you?" - anika asked him.

"don't worry, mom... i will be there na to take care ansh" - nisha winked her eyes.

"that's my fear" - ansh teased her. 

along with nisha ansh went to Mumbai leaving anika alone in Bangalore. anika felt some unknown fear but she consoled herself and waved them bye from the airport. ansh waved his hand back.