Haunting of the heart

"Am i still stuck in my past?" are the only words still running inside anika's head. she can't even able to think about anything beyond. her father asked her to give another chance to her life. he was also sure that she lost her smiley face when shivaay left her. 

anika wasn't ready to believe him. "i moved on... why he declared like that?" she keeps on asking inside her mind but as usual found there was no answer for that. even though her heart told the truth, she was not ready to believe it. she keeps on telling them that she moved on in her life but the moment when she saw shivaay in her living room came before her eyes. his pleading eyes, his suffering transferred an unknown attraction which made her so weak on that day. without even her knowledge, she opened up the truth to ansh and also experienced the consequences.

even though she blames everything on shivaay, her heart knows the truth. she's the one who is responsible for everything. the thing is she never ever able to forget what happened to her. the wounds are still fresh, bleeding to the hell and creating more pain which made her like stone again.

it has been 3 days since she went to her home. ansh keeps on calling her assistant but she ignored everything and fetched her full concentration on the business which her parents left it for her "the pride of Rao enterprises". for a whole 3 days, she didn't rest her for even 5 mins. she was working like a workaholic. 

"ma'am" - Mr. Sharma her Personal assistant called her.

"yes..." - she answered him without facing his face. 

"Ma'am... ansh is calling you continuously... attend it for once..." - he replied. 

she signed disbelief and took the phone from his hand, "hello" - she replied uninterestedly. 

"mom, where are you? why are you not responding to my calls? maa... it has been 3 days since you left the home... "- ansh bombarded with questions.

"ansh... i am very busy right now... can't able to talk to you... i will call you later..." - she said in a calm tone and was about the rest the phone by then she heard his voice.

"maa... please don't cut the call... i won't disturb you... please stay connected... i just... i just want to feel your presence... that's enough" - he said, unknowingly tears escaped from her eyes and also made her so weak. soon a voice "anika... be strong" hit her head, she immediately cut the call and concentrated on the work.

"Sharma ji... we are leaving for Singapore for entrepreneur meet...  in 4 hours..." - anika said while checking her watch. even Sharma was worried to see her on that condition but he was in the position where he can't able to tell her anything. 

they left for Singapore. even in the flight, she was working because diverting on other things made her get relief from her griefs. she ignored everyone... her son... his calls... his worries which matter her to the world once. she ignored in the fear of face of reality whenever she saw him she can't even resist herself from going down to the past. the thing which should have happened before years are happening now. she can't resist herself from reacting to it. unknowingly her father's words are buried deep inside her heart and playing with the old soil, not only disturbing the older wound and also creating the new one. she was yelling inside to stop but they are not hearing her.

she reached Singapore and without even taking rest she went to her office and started to do preparation for the meet. she immediately fired the employees who failed or stammered to answer her.

finally, the time came, she prepared herself for the meet. after 14 long years, she's going to meet the real world as Ms. Rao the CEO of Rao enterprises. there were no questions in her head. she keeps on doing it in a flow where her mind asking her to do.

she went on the limelight and introduced herself as the CEO of Rao enterprises while every other entrepreneur was looking at her with an equal amount of shock and surprise but she heard a clapping sound from the second row. after him, everyone joined him and clapped for her.

"what he's doing here?" - she thought for a while forgetting he's also a CEO of Oberoi industries. her legs had gone weak when their eye locked but she gazes down and encouraged herself to be strong where he can able to trance it out what was actually going on in her mind. he took her tears and flowed it out... that's what he can able to do.

a bunch of questions ran here and there in her mind when she saw those tears. she felt relieved when she saw those tears. a smile appeared in her face, a cunning one. but shivaay was happy on seeing her smile whether its cunning or not it doesn't matter to him. she smiled that's enough for him.

she was slightly got relieved from her pain, she thought it was because of seeing shivaay's tears but her heart only knows it's because of seeing shivaay's face after a long time. her personal assistant excused himself as there were many works left behind in that meet. but anika seems to be not interested in it. so she came out and pressed the lift button. the lift was empty. she pressed the ground floor button and closed her eyes for a while. soon after, the lift opened again she opened her eyes. upto her surprise/shock she saw him at another side of the lift. even he was surprised to see her in the lift.  she was about to press the close button but he came inside and the door immediately closed after he came in before she could think about escaping.

even though she felt uncomfortable she didn't show it in her face but he sensed it when he saw her shaking legs. he moved to the other corner leaving her at her space. "anika... just for a few seconds... stay strong" a voice hit her head. 

In no time, the lights started to flicker and the lift rushed downwards. both felt that. shivaay without even his knowledge came to her side and made her face to burry in his chest. she hugged him tightly. the lift stopped in midway. shivaay opened his eyes first and realized that he has been hugging her for a while. he tried to break the hug but she wasn't let him go away.

anika... - he called her in a very low tone. she snuggled more into him. shivaay went weak on his knees but didn't hug her back because he knew whatever she's doing now is happening without her knowledge.

when anika realized, she immediately broke the hug and went away from him. he looked at her helplessly but she turned back and consoled herself,  she can't even able to breathe properly. breathe choked and she keeps on coughing. shivaay scaringly came to her side and kept his hand on her shoulder but she jerked it off.  where her difficulties in her breathing and cough went out of control. tears started to flow out because of continuous coughing. 

"anika... are you alright?" - shivaay again kept his hand on her shoulder.

"st..stay..aw..way" - she spoke in between her cough. out of frustration, he made her face her where she tried her level best to resist but she can't due to her condition.

"ani... relax..." - he said while rubbing her back. she nodded no helplessly with welled up eyes.

"i am sorry... i had to do this" - he said and instantly cupped her face, bought it near to him and smashed his lips over hers. shivaay felt very bad on kissing her without her permission but he had to do that to divert her mind as she is the patient of claustrophobia. it was equally shocking surprising for anika but the warmness in his kiss made her forget about everything. more than resisting it she enjoyed it to the core. feeling him after ages made her find something which she thought she lost it forever "her smile...her blush...the feel of completeness", she kissed him back upto his surprise tears flowed from his eyes on feeling her, experiencing something which he thought, he lost it forever. she showed her entire feelings to him through that kiss. he understood she missed him as he does. he grabbed her waist and kissed her more passionately both weren't ready to leave. they both wanted to get lost. 

but reality strikes in when the lift started to move again. they parted apart. the ground floor arrived where anika rushed outside first by excusing herself from everyone. shivaay looked at her welled up eyes but she didn't turn back. 

she went inside the car and hurried the driver to take the car. they moved away from that place but then too, she felt his presence. her mind was not ready to believe the happenings. but when she sensed his smell on her blazer she really can't able to stay strong anymore. she broke down and her weepings were loud enough to reach her stupid mind who's asking her move on. her mind finally understood how much she tries she can't able to run away from him because he still owns her heart.