Chapter Seventeen: Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes!

It’s not illegal to cause a vampire elaborate and possible fatal bodily harm right? Since supernatural creates aren’t mentioned in the constitution and all, maiming them isn’t against the law, correct? I don’t know why I’m even asking you this; I’m not going to be able to hear your answer. Well, that and I think several of you would get mad at me if I killed him. With a knife. A very rusty and dull carving knife. One that just happened to have been recently used on some chicken that had been infested by parasites.

You might be wondering why I’m feeling so violent. Take a guess, a good guess. I’m sure you can get it right the first time, because if you can’t guess correctly, you seriously haven’t been reading my sad little tale. If that is indeed the case, maybe I should maim you instead of that blasted vampire. Or, you know, you could just go start from the beginning. That works just as well too.

I’m going to answer you anyway though, because being needlessly vague isn’t my style.

The reason I want to injure Adrian is simple. He’d kissed me. Not only that, but he’d kissed me while I wasn’t paying any attention, and I hadn’t noticed it until I started to wonder why I was running out of air! After I’d figured out exactly what was going on, I’d tried to punch him away, to no avail.

Because I’m human, and he’s a Living Vampire, also male. I’m a girl, and I don’t work out regularly, especially because I had an injured wrist and a broken-ish leg. You do the math, I’ll do the English. It’s the only thing that makes any sense to me!

In the meantime, while you’re off doing my mathematics homework for me, I’m going to go hunting for a Bowie Knife.

Oh? You want to know what the kiss felt like? Oh don’t pretend that you don’t want to know, I can tell you’re just dying for me to describe it in elaborate and most likely excessive detail. Don’t you dare facepalm! I will not hesitate you use the Bowie Knife (once I find it) on you!

Though murdering the readers might not be all that productive…why are you looking at me like I’m actually going to hurt you? You do realize that I’m just text on paper right? I can’t really do anything to you, except maybe scar you mentally for life, but that’s only if you keep reading.

Right, describing the kiss. Sorry, I got distracted. I’m kind of feeling slightly axe-murderer right now.

Once I’d gotten over the fact that I hadn’t noticed someone pressing their lips over mine, because who doesn’t notice these things? I realized that it actually felt kind of nice to be kissed by the guy that I’m totally not admitting that I have a crush on. The contact was both strange and familiar at the same time, confusing the bejeezus out of me. Why did this feel so familiar? To my knowledge, I’d never kissed anyone before.

Technically, I still haven’t kissed anyone, because he started it.

I was so surprised by his actions that for a while, I didn’t do anything beside sit there, baffled by everything that was happening.

Then it turned French, and I got kind of pissed. Not because I don’t like being French kissed, that had nothing to do with it. No, I was furious because he’d played me. He’d distracted me by asking such stupid questions, and I sounded off for him like a stupid violin. Sure, it sounded pretty, but it was still a stupid song.

Then there was my own insecurity about the entire thing. I hated being taken advantage of, and he knew that. So why did he do it? It better not have been to prove a point because I swear to God, if that was the only reason why he was kissing me, somebody was going to lose their balls, and since I seem to be lacking in those particular parts, his would have to do.