Chapter 5

I put the Starbucks Cup on Brian's desk. It is finally Friday and I decided to get Brian a chocolate chip frappuccino instead of his usual black coffee.

"What is this concoction?"  He asks while holding the cup to the light to get a better look.

Laughing at his actions, I respond, "That is called a double chocolaty chip frappe.  It's all the good unhealthy stuff from Starbucks blended together with whipped cream on top."

He take a sniff of it and smiles.  "Why the sudden change in what you deliver me?"

My smile grows even more.  "I have decided that I am going to go out tomorrow night.  I figured if I'm trying something new, so can you!"

His jaw drops.  "You're going out?  As in dancing and drinking?"

I give him a light slap on the arm.  "Oh stop."

"No, I never thought I would see the day."  He teases me.

"Well the day has come and I am in such a good mood.  Nothing could kill it!"  Spoken too soon, as seen in all the movies and real life.

At that exact moment, a bouquet of roses was delivered to the name, Morgan Stevens.  I know they're from Mr. Styles but really?  Roses?  For the past four days he has been sending me daisies with different notes attached.  I guess it's his excuse to send me flowers discretely.

"Oo someone has a secret admirer."  Brian coos at me.

I roll my eyes.  "We both know who it's from, it's not a secret.  He's been trying to get me to talk to him this past week.  Any technical problem he has, I have to take care of because Liam is out all week.  I'm starting to think this is all some sick joke."

I'm not kidding. Even the smallest of technical problems, Mr. Styles calls our office.  The other day he purposely unplugged his ethernet cable just so I could go help.

It seems cute but I mean wouldn't he get the hint?  I'm not that interested?  Don't get me wrong, I am very interested but only if he wasn't my boss.

"Love, I doubt its a joke.  But what's with the roses?  Isn't it usually daisies?"

I sigh.  "There's only one way to find out."

I pull out the note attached to the roses.  "You read it."  I hand it to Brian.

He scoffs.  "I don't exactly think that Mr. Styles is trying to woo me with the note and roses so I believe the note is private. For your eyes only."

I roll my eyes at him and grumble, "I know what private means."

I pick up the note and it says, "Can't wait for lunch later.  -H"

I throw it at Brian.  "Ugh he practically forced me to go to this lunch to discuss God only knows what, why does he have to send me flowers too?"

"Stop!  He's trying to make the lunch turn into a non business lunch,"  Brian practically yells at me,  "why not let that happen?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, why not?  It's just a date."

"With my boss."  I add to his thought.

He throws his hands up in anger.  "Who cares?  If you want it to turn into this romantic lunch, then let it.  Forget about the boss thing.  You're obviously attracted to him because you don't shut up about it and he's obviously attracted to you because he won't quit.  If it ends badly, it's a free, probably very fancy meal.  I honestly give the boy props.  Most men would have thrown in the towel with a woman as stubborn as you."

"Excuse me?" I got offended.

"Oh hush, you know I mean it in a good way.  Maybe it's good for Mr. Styles to actually work for something in his life."

I laugh.  "Didn't he build up this company by himself?"

Brian scoffs. "By himself."  He laughs.  "He really is trying to impress you Morgan.  All of the heads of each department are friends of his from college who help him build the company.  He took the CEO position because his experience was in business where Liam's was in tech.  In reality, sure they made it what it is today, but they took it over from Mr. Styles' dad."

Interesting.

"I just don't want to give in that easily to him.  Then, he'll just think that he can get every girl with a few bouquets of flowers and some flirting.  I can't be weak."  I cross my arms over my chest as I speak.

"Whatever you say.  I just think you're making a mistake."  He notices I'm walking away.  "Where are you going?"

I bite my bottom lip.  "I'm just going to thank him for the flowers."  I shake the beautiful roses in my hand gently.

"I'm sure that's what you're going to do."  Sarcasm dripping from his words.

"Oh shut it!"  I holler back to him as I get on the elevator taking me to Mr. Styles' office.

On the elevator ride up, I can't help but think about what Brian had suggested. Should I let this turn into a romantic lunch? On one hand, he is my boss but on the other he is so good looking and smart it makes me want to either die or throw up.

I walk to his office, passing his secretary.  "Another technical issue?" She asks as I walk by.

I huff.  "You could say that."

Taking a deep breath, I hold up my one fist to knock on his door.

"Miss Stevens?"  I hear his voice behind me.

"H-hi Mr. Styles.  I thought you were already in there.  Sorry, uh I'll be going to my office now."  I was obviously caught off guard and start to chicken out.

He grabs my arm as I turn around.  "No, stay.  Give me five minutes and I'll have a technical problem you need to take care of."

I let out a small laugh.  "So you admit, you just make up technical issues?"

He puts his hands up in defense.  "Only to see you."

I try to bite my bottom lip to keep me from smiling.

"Nice flowers, by the way."  He winks, motioning to the roses in my arms.

"Thank you.  They're really beautiful."

"Just like the person holding them."

I blush and look at my feet. "Stop it.  At least save the compliments for lunch later."

He smiles widely. "Good, can't wait."

"Absolutely."  I turn to leave.  "Oh, and Mr. Styles?"

He hums in response.

"You need to plug the computer into the wall for it to turn on.  Wouldn't want have to come back up just for that."  I smirk at him.

"Come back up for something else then, yeah?"

"I will see you at lunch, Mr. Styles."

I hear him laugh deeply as I leave.

I definitely chickened out. Hopefully he'll just get the idea to make it more than a business lunch because I came up to thank him for the roses. He's smart right?