Chapter 42

"Mom look!" Stephen yells and jumps off the boat and right to Harry.

I breathe a sigh of relief when I see his life jacket on. Now that it's summer he's getting swimming lessons, like he should have been for a while, but I still get nervous. Instead of freaking out I give him a huge smile and a thumbs up. "Very nice, bubs!"

We're on my family's boat currently. Harry's family are still in town and are loving it. They are currently soaking up the sun and swimming around. Louis, Niall, Eli and Thomas are fishing with my dad on his fishing boat, but everyone else is with me on the big boat. I offered for Harry and Stephen to go with them, but when Stephen was told he shouldn't be swimming while they fish, he didn't want to go. Harry followed in suit, even though I told him it's okay if he wanted to go.

"Darling, jump in!" Harry calls to me.

I respond, "Maybe later, I'm enjoying sunbathing."

He drops it and I continue my conversation with Gemma. We're talking about life and how I plan to go to law school.

She turns to face me. "Do you know what kind of lawyer you want to be?"

"I haven't completely decided. Harry and I have to talk about it." I sigh and lay back down.

"Why?"

"We can't do long distance forever. One of us has to move across an ocean at some point and I'm not sure who it's going to be. I have Stephen and he has a life here, as well as now I'm going to law school here. On the other hand, Harry has a whole multi-million-dollar company to run in England. As much as I love him, I can't do long distance forever, so I'm not sure what's going to happen in two years. Sure, I finish law school, but will I move to England and practice there? Will Harry figure out how to run the company from America and move here? I have no idea." Running my hand through my hair, I realize I'm stressing myself out. "Excuse me." I tell her and get up to go into the cabin to cool off, not wanting to get visibly upset to those around me.

I hear someone enter the cabin after me. Quickly, I wipe the corners of my eyes that have accumulated some tears. "Morgan, what's wrong?" Brian asks me.

"Nothing," I dismiss him, "it's stupid and doesn't matter in this moment."

"Nothing that upsets you is stupid." He states while putting his arm around my shoulders.

I scoff, "Oh trust me. This is."

"Why don't you tell me about it then?"

"Honestly, it's just something Harry and I have to talk about sooner rather than later, but thank you." I tell him and decide to change the subject. "How do you like the boat?"

Brian's smile is bright as he describes to me how much he loves the boat. He was also invited to go fishing but declined because he gets motion sick easily and they were going about 30 or so miles offshore so it would be a long trip. "I never expected this from you."

Turning to face him, I give him a weird look. "What does that mean?"

"It's just surprising is all. You never came across as having a lot of money."

"Because I don't, my family does."

"I know that, but a lot of kids who come from money act a certain way and think it's theirs. I just mean that you're so humble about it all."

I nod in understanding. "Yeah that's my mom's doing. Made me get a job at 14 and taught me the value of money. The only extravagant gift I ever got was my car."

Brian pulls me into a hug. "I'm glad she raised you the way she did. You're such an amazing woman." He says seriously, "And I love that car." He jokes, making me laugh