Chapter 44

Stephen drags his wheelie suitcase in one hand and my hand in the other as we walk through the London airport looking for Harry. We just got off our flight for a week. Stephen's birthday is tomorrow, August 1st, and he is very excited to spend it in England. He bragged about it to his friends for a week.

"Harry!" He exclaims, drops both my hand and his bag and takes off running.

I try to call out to him to make him stop, but he ignores me, continuing to run towards my boyfriend. I let out a sigh and pick up his bag, apologizing to those around me who may have tripped on it.

Quickly, I make my way towards the two. Harry has Stephen on his hip and a bouquet of flowers in the other. Even though he has his hands full, he offers to grab the bags for us. Stephen whines when Harry goes to put him down which makes me give him a curious look. Harry also looks at him with a questioning look, but Stephen just responds by putting his head in the crook of Harry's neck and nuzzling it. I guess he missed Harry.

"It's fine, babe. I can grab the bags. I already dragged them through JFK." I tell him. "But you have to hold those beautiful flowers for me."

"Wow, flying commercial. I must have humbled you." Harry winks and leans in to give me a kiss.

I laugh sarcastically as we walk towards the parking lot to Harry's car.

"While you two are here, I have some plans. For Big Man here," He tickles Stephen, making him burst out with giggles. "I have a fun day planned for tomorrow. Do you know why?"

Stephen throws his arms up and yells, "It's my birthday! What are we doing?"

Harry chuckles and tells him, "That is a surprise."

"You love those." I shake my head while telling him with a fond smile.

"And I love the two of you."

We get situated in the car, Stephen in a car seat that Harry decked out with stickers, similar to the ones on the booster seat he sat in when we went to Harry's for dinner in December last year. Wow, that was so long ago.

I grab Harry's hand and just admire him. It's been about a year since we went on our first date and we have come so far since then. We've dealt with a lot of shit, but we made it through and I cannot be happier.

"How was the flight?"

Stephen shrugs, "It was okay, there were a lot of people."

Harry lets out a laugh and I follow his actions, "That's what happens when we don't fly on grandpa's jet."

I see him pout and then he asks, "Why can't we always use grandpa's plane? It's less smelly."

Yet again, Harry and I laugh. "It's bad for the environment. You and I used it last time because it was more convenient for us to use it rather than fly with other people. This time it was easier and cheaper to fly with everyone else. And it wasn't that smelly." I give him a smile.

"I like grandpa's plane better." He pouts.

"Me too, but it's not fair of us to use it, so get used to it bub."

Glancing in the rear-view mirror, I see his pout grow deeper.

Finally getting to Harry's house, I go lay down in his bed for a few minutes. Stephen didn't sleep on the plane which means I didn't sleep either.

"Hello, Darling." Harry greets me and lies next to me. "I put him down for a nap since I could tell neither of you slept." He kisses the back of my neck and wraps his arm around my waist.