Chapter 10

"You had sex this weekend, didn't you?"  Is the first thing Brian says to me Monday morning.  Some people might find this weird, but Brian is really good friend, even if he’s older than my father.  For a year and a half now, he has been the person I tell everything to, so this is not really over stepping.  In my mind at least. It's as if a girl friend of mine asked me.

I shake my head as I hand him his coffee.  "No I didn't!" I completely lie to my best friend.  "Where did you get that idea from?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "You have that look to you and now you're biting your bottom lip and looking at your feet which means you're lying.  I don't mean to overstep, but you definitely had sex."

I rolled my eyes and sat down.  "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. You'll never know."

Brian laughs.  "I'm just wondering with who.  If I know you correctly, which I do, you're not a one night stand girl.  So that means, you like this person."

Shaking my head and getting up to walk away, I say, "Brian, you sound like a 13 year old girl and I have work to do."

"I'm sorry Morgan."  He says to stop me from leaving.  "I am just happy that you found someone you like and are willing to spend time with.  I worry about you."

I sigh and turn back around to sit back down.  I do have work, but I also have about 20 minutes before I actually have to start.  "And I appreciate that you care but this is really something I want to keep between me and him now.  I don't even know if I like him, I feel like I don’t know him. It probably is just going to end up being a sex thing so I don't want to talk about it."

"A sex thing?  What does that even mean?"  Brian questions me, genuinely confused at what my comment actually meant.

"Uh you know, like a um, fuck buddy situation I guess?  It could have even been a one night stand but I guess I won’t know.”

"You guess?  You don't even know?"

"And this is why I didn't want to tell-"

"Good morning Brian, Miss Stevens."  Harry walks through the front doors of the building and greets us.

I put on a fake smile and cheery attitude.  "Good morning Ha- sir." I stop myself before making the biggest mistake I could make at this very moment.

Brian responds the same, but gives me a weird look.  Fuck, he knows. My dumb slip up of calling him by his name is a dead give away.

"Have a nice day.  Morgan, I believe we need to have another meeting to discuss the new department.”

I let out a deep sigh.  “Okay, just email me times that will work for you.”

As Harry walks away, Brian elbows my side and I groan in response.  We both watch as Harry makes his way onto the elevator. Brian waits until a few seconds after the doors are closed.  “Oh my god, you have sex with the CEO!” He whisper yells at me. Thank god because I don’t need other people to know.

I scoff at him, doing my best to keep eye contact and not look at my feet when I say.  “Absolutely not. There is no way that I would ever have sex with Harry Styles.”

He gives me a dry laugh in response.  “It makes sense now. You called me Brian and almost called him Harry.  He actually got you to not be so uptight and call everyone by their last names all the time.”

“I did not sleep with Mr. Styles, now if you will excuse me, I actually have to get to work now.”  I pick up my coffee and make my way towards the elevator.

“Even if you did, you know I won’t judge you, right?”  Brian asks, sincerity prevalent in his voice.

I smile and nod at him because he means it with his whole heart.  He would never judge me, even for a stupid mistake I made yesterday afternoon.  I guess I’ll confess at lunch, even though he already knows.