Chapter 36

The next morning, I wake up on the couch with puffy eyes and a blanket draped over me. Sitting up, I rub my eyes and check the clock. It says 10am which means that Stephen must be awake. My thoughts become reality when I hear shushing coming from the kitchen.

"Bud, we have to stay quiet to not wake your mom. She had a tough night and I want to wake her up with breakfast, but we can't make too much noise."

I figured Niall would still be passed out, hungover but I'm pleasantly surprised to see Niall lifting Stephen so he gets to pour the pancake batter on the griddle. Next, I see them turn around to get the bacon, followed by the sizzling of it.

Niall turns around and I quickly duck back into the hallway.

"Okay, big man, I'm gonna go wake your mom, don't touch anything, it's still hot."

I don't hear a response so I assumed Stephen nodded. Quickly making my way back to the couch, I take the position I was in when I first woke up.

Soon after, I hear footsteps and feel someone, Niall, gently nudging my shoulder. "Morgan, love, we have breakfast."

Rolling over, pretending I haven't been up for the last twenty minutes watching them, I stretch and give a fake yawn. "Good morning."

Niall chuckles and rips the blanket off. "You're not fooling anyone, creep." He jokes with me.

My jaw drops in fake shock. "How did I get caught? I am such a good actress." I fake flip my hair, which is now back in a ponytail causing him to laugh.

Stephen comes running in and jumps on me. "Good morning, mommy!" He cheers right in my ear. "We made you breakfast."

"It smells delicious. I'm excited." I put him back down on the floor so he can go back into the kitchen. "I also want to hear all about your night once I left last night." I call after him.

We sit down at the table and begin to eat. Stephen tells me all about his night and how much fun he had with Niall and Louis. Niall also mentioned that Stephen danced with Harry a little bit too, much to Stephen's disappointment.

On one hand I'm glad Harry tried to talk to him and hang out with him, but some part of me is glad Stephen was kind of rude to him. It shows he cares about me and wants to protect me, something he has definitely picked up from his uncles.

My son continues on and on about the night in full detail, not skipping anything. By the time we're done eating and he's done speaking, it's noon. I tell Stephen to go get changed out of his pajamas and he happily obliges.

We make our way to the couch, "What happened between you and Harry last night?" Niall asks me as soon as Stephen's door closes.

"Harry, Stephen and I are having dinner tonight at Harry's and I think we're sleeping over. That was the end. I'm too emotionally exhausted to explain everything, but long story short we yelled at each other, then I agreed to have dinner."

"Morgan, what?!"

I shrug. "I wish I could explain it, but something in me told me to hear him out."

"I understand, but I don't think your son is going to be happy about eating and staying over. We sort of downplayed last night."

Letting out a deep sight, I lay back on the couch. "What is that supposed to mean?"

He bites his lip, deciding to tell me or not. "Stephen may or may not have yelled at Harry for making you leave. He wasn't happy, but Harry just let him yell and yell and finally Stephen started to warm up a little bit. Harry apologized profusely, but Stephen was not his normal self around him still."