D-Day

One year later:

"Cheers to almost making the worst decision of my life this time last year!" Brian said holding up his glass of whiskey toasting with his friends.

Everyone in attendance was laughing. "Marrying that bitch would have been the dumbest thing you could have ever done!" Bryan Johnson exclaimed.

"Yeah definitely dodged a bullet on that one man!" Sal agreed.

"Thought you liked her?" Brian asked cocking his eyebrow up.

"She was okay but I knew she wouldn't have made you happy. She was a good lay that lasted entirely too long!" Sal laughed.

"And you would have never met me baby." Brian's skinny blonde girl smiled kissing his neck giggling.

"That would have been a shame baby." Brian responded as he took his hand under the table and slid it up his girl's shirt dress into her panties. "I want you on my dick tonight babe. God your pussy is so hot." Brian growled into her ear.
________________________________
Skylar shot up breathless in bed covered in a cold sweat. She looked around, she was still in Bessy and Joe's guest room. The clock read 5:30am. It was all just a bad horrible dream. In hopes of washing that dream away she decided instead of trying to go back to sleep to just hop in the shower.
________________________________
Saying goodbye to Milana before Bessy took her to school was hard enough. Luckily the little girl didn't understand completely but she did sense something was wrong when Skylar cried as she hugged her. Remo luckily was entirely too little to catch on. Skylar couldn't help but think how much she was going to miss these kids.

"Car will be here any minute." She smiled sadly at Bessy and Joe.

Bessy had been crying all morning and her eyes were all red and puffy at this point. "You know you can come home anytime, right?" She said through tears.

"I know." Skylar nodded hugging her cousin tightly. "Thank you for always being there for me, even when I didn't make it easy." She laughed through her crying.

"I'll keep up with the lake house as promised, okay?" Bessy said through tears. She knew how important that place was to Skylar, the only thing she truly had left of her parents.

Joe looked on as his wife said goodbye to her best friend. Once they let go of one another, Skylar looked towards Joe. "God am I gonna miss you." Skylar said.

"You're gonna do just fine kid." Joe smiled hugging her. "Please take care of him." Skylar whispered in his ear standing on her tiptoes.

Joe pulled back and looked at Skylar. "I always do." He nodded. Neither had to use his name, they knew who they were talking about.

Skylar's stomach dropped when she heard a car horn outside. "Guess that's my cue." She said as she wiped her mascara off her cheeks.

"Call me when you land Sky." Bessy ordered.

"I will." She nodded, "I love you both very much. Thank you for always having my back."

And just like that she was in the black SUV outside that would take her to the airport. Just like that, the Gattos lost one of the biggest parts of their family.
________________________________
Sal was sitting at a table in the conference room with a few other producers and Will Thaxton going over props they were gonna need for the next month or two. When he looked up he spotted Joe walking in over an hour late. Joe was never late and also never looked upset but he certainly was today. Sal immediately excused himself from the table and made his way to his friend.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked.

"Been better." Joe sighed. "Skylar left this morning." Inside Joe was feeling so guilty leaving his wife so upset. She was a wreck over Skylar's departure.