Warm welcomes

*Kokichi's POV*

"Okay"
The words were warm and welcoming even though I knew I was really annoying. There was no way I could ever repay Maki for this, though she hated me with everything she had, she brought the person I loved with all my heart back to me. I'd have to ask her about that later.

-Kokichi's day before meeting with shuichi-

I was lying in bed. Simply doing nothing as usual. Thinking of the killing game. Few days before Maki had found and confronted me. Though she hated me, I was oddly glad to see her again. My phone rang
"Incoming call from: Maki"

That's weird huh?

Did she not hate me anymore or is she up to something?

I let it ring, not even two rings in I gave up and hit answer. Her background was loud.

"Hello?"
I heard someone clear their throat in the background
"Ouma. I need you to come to the coffee shop on wind street. It really is important."
That's odd what weird assassin shit is she planning
"Will do, is something wrong?"
"No just meet me here."
That's suspicious
"Why?"
"Not telling"
"Awwww maki roll don't be mean"
I said as I was climbing into a taxi
"DO NOT EVER CALL ME THAT AGAIN"
That was loud... ouch?
"Nishishi- sorry Maki-"
"Just get your ass over here Kokichi."
"I'm already on my wa-"
*beep*
She hung up on me.
Bitch.
Fortunately few minutes later, I was there. I paid the driver and jumped out, lacing my fingers together behind my head and walking in. I saw Maki instantly and sat down across from her.

"Maki."
"Kokichi."
"So why'd you call me here?"
"Look to your right, Ouma."
As I did so I saw a navy blue haired man, decked out in a fancy suit, staring out the window. Obviously avoiding contact with anyone around him

"Uh huh, a person. Did I interrupt something?"

As soon as I said that, the man looked up..

___________current time____________

As I climbed into the taxi I cuddled Shuichi, holding him tightly, wishing I'd never have to let go.. Again.
TW: DEPRESSION, CUTTING, ABUSE, ETC. THIS WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE REST OF THE STORY.

Its not like I didn't already have to deal with darkness. Losing Shuichi was the worst thing to have happened to me. Going back to my abusive mother was horrible. And having to go on a year with her without Shuichi as my pillar of support, I didn't think I would survive. I never left my house within those days. Too scared for people on the outside to see the broken, defeated mess I'd become. Scarred arms and a frail, bruised body was what I'd become. However I lied to Maki and Shuichi, telling them I had missed Shuichi. It was a lie. All a lie.
"I love you..."
I had said this millions of times already today. Shuichi must be annoyed by now
Of course he is. He doesn't care about disgusting trash like you.
I blinked fast. Trying to rid myself of my mind. However turning out unsuccessful because before I had noticed it, I was sobbing into Shuichi's shirt. Sadly, he too noticed this change, putting his hand on my head and petting me like an animal. He seemed worried, if the constant questions didn't point that out already.
"K-Kokichi what's wrong are you okay?!"
I couldn't explain why I was upset he'd never understand.. I simply sat there and cried. Cried until I couldn't cry anymore. I wondered why he still kept up with me we had been back in touch less than a day and I was already crying into his jacket.

I went to lift myself up. However, as I did Shuichi tried to help me. He glanced down, as he did so a look of shock, worry, and sadness slid over his face. I knew that look and I too, glanced down to see what he was looking at.

During my crying, my sleeve had come up...
He had seen my arm, that's what he was worried about. We both sat silent. We pulled up in front of a tall apartment complex. I raised myself off him and sat, waiting for him to get out so I could go back. However, he paid the taxi driver, then unbuckled my seatbelt. Lifting me out of my seat in a princess-like style he carried me inside of the building. We rode the elevator to the highest floor, where he unlocked an apartment and went into the room. All of this without a single word. He laid me on what I'd assume to be his bed, then grabbed a large ace bandage and wrapped my arms, gently so as to not hurt me. I sat up and looked up at him, still crying as he wiped away the tears streaming down my face

 I sat up and looked up at him, still crying as he wiped away the tears streaming down my face

(That is beautiful I can't-)

He then hugged me, finally breaking the silence.

"Why..." he whispered into my ear, then dug his face in my shoulder and began to cry. Softly. It was adorable but it broke my heart. I didn't want to put Shuichi in this pain.

I knew I had to tell him.

___________an hour later____________
I had explained everything to Shuichi. The abuse. The depression. The real reason I didn't leave my house for the past year. Everything. As I finished, I was sobbing.

"I-I'm sorry... my thoughts get the best of me... I'm weak..."

He looked at me. Smiled, then kissed my lips softly.
"You're not weak... you never were..."

He pulled away, then proceeded to look in his drawer and pull out a black short sleeved shirt. He tossed it at me, then undid my scarf and shirt. I put on the black shirt before he tossed some black baggy pants at me. Yoga pants, not like work jeans or anything.

"What are you trying to make me emo?"
I chuckled, slightly but happily. He smiled
"No I just own all black clothes.
As I put the pants on he pushed my hair behind my ear and smiled at me warmly. He picked me up princess-style and carried me out to the balcony. He set me down as I held the railing and watched the world around me. It was only 2 pm. There was nothing I had to do today but I knew Shuichi had business to attend to. I mentioned this. He glanced over at me.

"Fuck it, they've got enough people anyway. I'm going on vacation."
I was so confused as he called his boss.

"I'm leaving." He stated to the man on the phone

"Shuichi what are yo-"
He pressed a finger to my lips.

"Yes, I understand. I don't care. I don't do anything around there anyway. I'm rich already so I quit."

What is he doing...

He hung up. Then glanced at me.
"We have today and all of forever. What do you want to do?"
I smiled. "Let's walk around town."
He looked up and smiled.
"Before we do anything, you're moving in with me."
I looked at him with shock in my eyes.
"S-shuichi???"
"Yes kokichi?"
"What do you mean I'm-"
He pressed his lips to mine, "shut up" he smirked. He picked me up and led me down the elevator to the first floor. Then got in a car and cranked it.
"What's your address? We're getting your stuff."
I smiled as I told him my address.

Maybe this will be better. A new start. Without the sadness.

WHEEEEEEEZE OKAY THAT WAS LONG (1,262 words) AND I'M SORRY IT TOOK SUCH A DARK TURN BUT IT TURNED OUT BEAUTIFULLY. KSSKKSKSSKDKDJDNFJNFKX