A thousand words

*shuichi POV* (also I time skipped about a month later forgive me for I sinned)

I sat in the bed, watching the clock tick.

12:30 am

12:45 am

1:00 am

I couldn't sleep. This wasn't a usual problem for me, as this was very rare to say the least. Kokichi was already sound asleep in my arms. I wished I could see what he was dreaming, just give myself something to do.

He's adorable

I smiled, blushing even. He began to whimper and shake, tears beginning to spill from his violet eyes. As he was still asleep I knew very well he was having a nightmare. I hugged him closer to me and soothed him softly.
Being with Kokichi meant patience. Understanding he will most likely never be completely cured from whatever pain he's gone through. And I was ready to be there through all of it. No matter what it took

"S-saihara..... saihara-c-Chan..... don't... don't leave m-me....."

He began to sob, still asleep. I dried his tears gently.

Kokichi shot up, then locked eyes with me and hugged me tightly. He began to sob into my chest.

"I'm not leaving I love you."
He looked up.

"I-I didn't say anything about-"

"Kokichi you talk in your sleep."

He blushed, then wiped his tears. I gently laid back down, then patted his spot.

"Lay down. Rest some more."
He laid down as I pulled him into a tight embrace. I gently fell asleep hugging him close.

*Kokichi dream POV*

"You're alone and you always will be."

Shuichi... don't you see what you're doing to me you fool.....

I stumbled off to my room. Then sat alone and cried. I knew for sure I was alone Saihara. You didn't have to remind me.

I cried. Cried until everything felt like it was going to float away. I wished it would. I hated this dumb fucking killing game. I hate everything about it. It doesn't end though.

It never will
*dream end*

I snapped awake for the 2nd time tonight. This time Shuichi was fast asleep with no sign or intention of awakening any time soon. I wriggled out of his grasp, hoping to get a drink before heading back to sleep.

However my legs didn't take me to the kitchen.

Instead I ended up

On the balcony.

It was 2:30 in the morning. The whole city was illuminated with beautiful lights.

Last time I was on this balcony alone...

No don't think about that

I stared out at the night, now oblivious to everything but the lights of the city. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist as Shuichi pulled me closer to him.

"It's beautiful" he sighed "just like you"
He kissed my forehead. He pulled me away from the railing with hesitation on his face, then smiled down at me.

"Making sure you're safe" he murmured softly. He kissed my lips soothingly then silently pulled me back into bed.

"Don't get up again. You need to rest." He mumbled.