6 || one bump later

Jiwoo smiled at the fourth random stranger who decided to spare her a quick glance as she walked down the sidewalk. It was simply a habit of hers that just came out of nowhere, and she couldn't get rid of it. Plus, who knew if somebody was having a bad day and a smile from a stranger would cheer them up? If she were having a bad day, that would cheer her up.

She continued on, glancing down at her phone to check the time and to see if she had any missed notifications. She was planning to go to this bubble tea shop she's been dying to visit for a good few months now. The problem was that she would either be busy or simply forgot to go there, and she finally managed to make her way to it after seeing a mutual post about it on Twitter.

"Mmm, it should be right...over—here!" Jiwoo exclaimed once she saw the little shop. It was nestled between a ramen shop and a convenience store and had a soft and cute color scheme. Jiwoo loved it already.

She took a picture of the shop and sent it to Jungeun, asking if she wanted anything. Then she began walking towards it, her eyes still preoccupied on her phone. A loud beep startled her before she was thrown backwards before she looked up from her phone in fright and confusion.

A girl—a very pretty girl—was standing in front of her, face sporting a look of concern.

"Are you alright?" The girl asked in such a heavenly voice that Jiwoo almost swooned.

Jiwoo slowly nodded with a dreamy smile. "Yeah, I am."

"You must be clumsy as well," the girl chuckled. "I'm Sooyoung."

"I'm Jiwoo. It's a pleasure to meet you."

The goddess—Sooyoung—smiled sweetly. "I wish it had been under normal circumstances, but it's okay. I'm glad to have rescued a pretty girl like you."

It hit Jiwoo that Sooyoung must have saved her from getting hit by a car or something, which was why she heard that sudden beep, and it made sense because she wasn't looking so—wait, Sooyoung called her pretty. She called Jiwoo 'pretty'.

"Th-thank you for saving me," Jiwoo bowed low before being pulled up by Sooyoung.

"It's nothing, really. I'm sure someone else would've helped you before I did. I saw a guy who had saw you."

But Jiwoo didn't care about that guy because he wasn't Sooyoung. "But I have to repay you. I owe you or something. You saved my life, Sooyoung-ssi."

"Ah no, you don't. And you don't have to be formal about it. Just call me Sooyoung."

Jiwoo's smile grew. "Okay!" She said a little too loudly. But Sooyoung laughed softly at that.

"So, are you heading to the bubble tea shop?" Sooyoung asked.

"Uh, yeah. I've been meaning to go there forever, but I always forget or I'm super busy."

"And the one time you finally decide to go, you almost get hit by a car."

Jiwoo let out a shy laugh, rubbing the back of her neck and feeling her face get hot. "Yeah, silly me."

"It's okay. I'll be your protector."

Nobody knew how much Jiwoo's heart flipped at that. She wanted to melt into absolute nothingness, especially in the way Sooyoung wrapped her arm around the shorter and pulled her close. Like she was really protecting her from everything as they crossed the road.

When they made it to the other side, Sooyoung dropped her arm from around her. But before Jiwoo could get upset, Sooyoung grabbed her hand instead and pulled her inside.

"Hi, mom! Hi, dad!" Sooyoung waved, and Jiwoo didn't know what to do but bow to them.

Sooyoung's parents owned the shop. Which meant that Sooyoung probably visits often. Calm down, Jiwoo. Calm down.

Sooyoung led them to a table farthest from the counter and by a window. Jiwoo sat down, but Sooyoung still stood.

"Your parents own this place?" Jiwoo asked.

Sooyoung nodded. "Yeah, they do. I come here all the time because I love this place so much."

It's confirmed! So if Jiwoo were to, hypothetically, want to visit Sooyoung sometime in the future, she possibly could see her.

"And they have great tea," Sooyoung continued. "So, what would you like?"

Jiwoo had her drink in mind, but ever since Sooyoung entered the picture, whatever she wanted just disappeared. She opened and closed her mouth like a goldfish for a few seconds before shrugging. "I'm not sure."

"Okay, then I shall choose for the lovely lady."

Sooyoung walked away after winking and Jiwoo had to collect herself. She couldn't let herself fall so quickly again. Not after what happened last time.

for those interested, my pristin fic is up🤠
i just keep digging myself into a bigger hole with this fic, as i keep adding things which makes it longer🤡
also, if you want, comment groups you stan + your favorite ship(s)? i'm curious to see what other groups you guys stan👀