12 || one decision later

Jungeun was driving herself insane and she knew it. She couldn't stop thinking about Jinsol, about kissing, about kissing Jinsol. It was taking over her mind. When she wasn't focused on anything in particular, she was recalling the shape of Jinsol's lips and how they felt on hers and how she felt afterwards.

Avoiding Jinsol still proved to be something that just couldn't happen. Jinsol always found her, like she was stalking her or something. Jinsol would walk with her and tease her and Jungeun would let her, because she was afraid that if she opened her mouth or even looked at Jinsol properly, she might just snap and tackle Jinsol on the spot.

But she's better than that. She's Kim Jungeun. Nobody could make her lose her cool. Cool was her middle name!

So why was she at Tiny Treasures right before closing time?

"Jungeun? Wow, I didn't expect for you to be here this late."

It was only 6. Hardly late at all.

But Jungeun didn't point this out as she made her way further inside the antique store, Jinsol behind her as she locked the door of the store before following the shorter. Jungeun walked up to the counter, still not saying anything, too busy trying to calm her nerves down before she did anything stupid. Or stupider than what she was about to do.

Jinsol didn't go behind the counter, instead opting to stand beside Jungeun with a questioning look. "What is it?" She asked, sounding genuinely concerned.

Jungeun made a weird noise in the back of her throat. She didn't know if she wanted to say something, and if she did, what to say. She sighed and turned to look at Jinsol and her big eyes, pretty face, soft lips...

What was wrong with her?

"Jungeun, about the other day..." Jinsol started, but didn't get a chance as Jungeun had leaned up and kissed her once again.

This time, Jungeun didn't pull away immediately. She stood on her tiptoes and wrapped her arms around Jinsol's shoulders, relishing in the feel of Jinsol's lips on hers for the third time.

Jungeun was stupid, yes she was. Whose "logical" explanation for thinking about someone's lips all day was to kiss said person's lips? It made zero sense, and if she had been in her right mind she would've pulled away from Jinsol and pretended that none of that ever happened. Instead, she pulled the older girl towards her more.

Mayhaps Jungeun finally cracked.

"...I honestly didn't think you'd have it in you," Jiwoo chuckled after Jungeun told her what happened over the phone that night.

"Me neither," Jungeun sighed. She still didn't know where her and Jinsol were at that moment, as after they stopped making out, they didn't talk about anything super important. Jinsol mainly just teased Jungeun on being a dummy for taking so long to realize her attraction.

"Now what?"

"What?"

"What are you guys? Are you officially dating? Girlfriend and girlfriend? Or is it a casual type of thing?"

Jungeun frowned. "I don't know," she admitted. "I'm not entirely sure what Jinsol wants out of me."

"Me neither, but she clearly likes you. And she seems like a cool person. Maybe you should give her a shot."

Jungeun didn't answer for a moment, occupied in trying to imagine her and Jinsol being together as a couple. It was possible, sure, but what would others think? Would they still fear Jungeun? Would they no longer take her seriously? Would they do something to Jinsol?

"I can't..." She trailed off, not knowing how Jiwoo would take what she said next.

"What? Why not? You like her, she likes you, become a power couple already!" Jiwoo whined on her end.

The older rolled her eyes and couldn't help the smile that creeped on her face. "Yeah yeah, but it's not that simple."

"How come?"

Was she seriously asking that question? "Jiwoo, take a good look at where we are."

There was a brief pause. "Well, I don't know about you, but I'm currently home—"

"No! We're in South Korea!"

"...Well, yes, I would hope that we were—"

Jungeun groaned frustratedly into the mouthpiece. "I meant that we cannot date openly without being hated for it! There's so many conservatives here I think I'm gonna drown in them!"

The third time Jiwoo paused made Jungeun want to just hang her phone up and forget that they were even having the conversation. But before Jungeun could tell Jiwoo that she'd talk too her later, she heard the familiar sound of Jiwoo laughing.

"What's so funny?" Jungeun frowned.

"God, for someone so smart, you sure are stupid!"

Jungeun opened her mouth to retort, when Jiwoo cut her off.

"Why don't you just, oh I don't know, date in secret?" She suggested, to which Jungeun closed her mouth in thought.

Secret dating? Jungeun's never had to do that, as she hadn't dated many people, and 100% of those people were guys. She simply had no reason to hide her relationship, not even from her parents.

Even after hanging up with Jiwoo, Jungeun turned the idea over and over in her head. It could work. Jungeun was good at pretending, and Jinsol was very secretive herself. As long as Jiwoo didn't say anything (which she wouldn't), and the two were super careful with what they did in public, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

So she proposed the idea to Jinsol after school the next day, while the two were in Tiny Treasures.

"Secret dating, huh?" Jinsol questioned as she tied her apron. "Just yesterday you finally admitted your feelings for me—"

"I did not," Jungeun huffed, to which Jinsol ignored.

"—and now you're talking about dating me in secret? I'm starting to think you're ashamed to be seen with me."

Jinsol pouted at Jungeun, who rolled her eyes.

"Jinsol, it's not like that. I'm just...you're a girl and I..."

Jungeun struggled to find the right words to say so she didn't offend Jinsol. Not that she cared about how Jinsol felt. She just didn't want to witness the older being a crying mess.

"I'm just teasing you. That sounds cool! But only if you want to be my girlfriend."

"I literally never said that," Jungeun shot back. "If anything, the most I'll do is court you."

But that was enough to have Jinsol beaming as she got cleaning supplies out from under the counter. "Good enough for me! I already have our first date in mind. Meet me back here after closing?"

Jungeun gave a short nod before she turned and marched out the store, glad that Jinsol couldn't see the soft smile on her face.

while i was writing this chapter, i thought this au would be pErfect for seulrene nansns any reveluvs here?

updates for this fic are all over the place, i apologize. i just don't have much motivation to write this story, but i want to finish it😔

also, would anybody be interested in a boxer au fic for lipsoul??