13 || one date later

You're not gonna have fun, you're not gonna have fun, you're most definitely not gonna have fun. Jungeun kept chanting the mantra in her head as she stood outside of the antique shop, watching as Jinsol did a few last minute things before locking up.

It wasn't extremely late at night, but late enough for their date options to be limited, and Jungeun hoped that Jinsol chose a good place to go.

"To be honest, I'm surprised you actually came," Jinsol admitted as the two began walking to a undisclosed location.

Jungeun was too. "I was curious to see where we would go." She waited a moment for Jinsol to say something, and when nothing was said, she asked, "So, where are we going?"

The older chuckled. "You'll see."

Uh no, Jungeun didn't want to see. She wanted to know so she could be prepared...for something. For all Jungeun knew, it could be some sick joke for trying to expose Jinsol's secret relationship, or whatever thing she had with Sooyoung.

"No, tell me now," Jungeun demanded.

"Relax. I'm sure you'll have fun when we get there."

Jinsol gave her a reassuring smile before linking their arms together and continuing to walk. Instead of taking a bus or calling a taxi, Jinsol thought it would be a good idea to just walk all the way there, which Jungeun was not happy with. It only took five minutes, but it felt like twenty with the way Jungeun kept complaining.

"Are we finally there yet?" Jungeun asked for the tenth time.

Jinsol looked down at her. "Actually, yes. Now stop complaining."

Jungeun let out a sigh of relief as they entered the building without bothering to look up at the sign, which proved to be a huge mistake. She was met with a way too sudden temperature drop that had her pulling her tiny jacket tighter against her body.

A ice skating rink. Jinsol really took her to an ice skating rink for a first date.

"Here we are!" Jinsol announced, smiling at the nearly empty place.

Jungeun blankly stared at the older as she started to shiver. "Jinsol."

"What?"

"Why are we here?"

Jinsol furrowed her eyebrows. "It's our first date."

"Have you not noticed it's freezing in here? And it's not hot outside? I think I'm going to die of hyperthermia!"

"It's hypothermia—"

"Same difference!"

"It'll be fine, Jungeun. I'm sure you'll warm up in a little bit."

Jungeun didn't like the smirk on Jinsol's face, but followed the older as she headed to the counter to get their skates.

While they laced up, Jungeun was complaining under her breath about how she was going to turn into a popsicle and how she would murder Jinsol with icicles if they survived. Jinsol listened to everything, simply chuckling at the smaller's displeasure. She soon stopped her whining when they went to get on the ice, and she almost slipped had Jinsol not had her arm around her.

"We could've went roller skating," Jungeun mumbled as they carefully made their way to the ice. "It's basically the same, but a lot less cold."

"Do you know how to roller skate?"

"...No."

"Then shush and let me show you a good time."

They got on the ice and as soon as Jungeun's legs threatened to buckle, her grip on Jinsol grew tighter.

"Okay, I'm done. Take me home."

"Relax, we just got here!"

Jungeun shook her head as Jinsol slowly led them away from the entrance of the rink. The only reason she hasn't fell yet was due to her legs being stiff as a board as Jinsol let them glide across the ice, humming to herself and looking down at Jungeun every so often. After one lap around the rink and the two haven't fell yet, Jungeun began to loosen up from her previous position of squatting as if she was about to take a poo at any second. But just as she tried to stand up to her full height, her skates lost their grip on the ice, and Jungeun squealed for Jinsol to stop.

"I want to leaveeee," Jungeun whined.

"You were doing so well, though."

"That was until I realized we're literally sliding around on a block of ice wearing knives on our feet!"

"The blades are supposed to keep you from slipping," Jinsol grinned.

"They're a health hazard!"

"Maybe you're the hazard. Clumsy!"

"I'm not clumsy! You're the one who thought doing extreme sports classified as a da—"

Jungeun cut herself off, looking around to see if anybody was near the two. A few others were skating around, but they were paying no attention two the two girls.

"—a date," she replied in a whisper, causing Jinsol to roll her eyes.

"You were actually being serious about that? Sneaking around?"

The two had stopped skating by then, making Jungeun able to stand to her full height, although a bit shakily.

"You don't have such a great track record yourself."

"Well, yeah, because I don't want anybody at school knowing about my business. And in case you haven't noticed, nobody here knows us!"

Jungeun had to agree with Jinsol's reasoning for that. But she still didn't see where Jungeun was coming from. "Jinsol, if people found out we were...you know, it would cause trouble for both of us."

Jinsol opened her mouth to say something, then closed it again and sighed. "Yeah, you're right."

Jungeun's eyebrows shot up. She genuinely thought Jinsol would put up a fight. Although, Jinsol did look like she wanted to say something more, but just couldn't. Or did she not want to? What was she hiding?

Jinsol's gloomy expression turned into a happier one. "Can I teach you how to skate now?" She asked, dropping the previous conversation entirely.

"I didn't agree to this," Jungeun quickly said, holding Jinsol's arm tighter.

"Come on! It'll be easy, I promise."

"Tonight's the night I'm gonna die, then."

Jinsol moved so she was in front of the smaller, Jungeun's hands firmly holding Jinsol's. No, it was more like crushing them. But if they hurt, Jinsol didn't say anything about it. She just smiled down at Jungeun softly and began to teach her how to skate.

To be shorter than Jinsol, therefore closer to the ground, Jungeun thought she would have an easier time skating. But her legs were like a newborn deer's, and her anxiety was through the roof. Jinsol's hands moving to hold onto her forearms instead was her saving grace.

"Look! You're doing it!" Jinsol beamed with her eyes focusing on Jungeun's feet.

Jungeun couldn't look down. She didn't want to jinx herself and lose her balance and fall and possibly cut herself because of that. She just focused on Jinsol's lit up face, and how nice and soft it looked, even under the harsh lighting.

"I—Jungeun, your skates are down here."

When Jungeun caught sight of Jinsol's smirk, she quickly looked down at her feet, which was too fast for her poor anxious body, and she lost her balance in .02 seconds. She slipped and unceremoniously fell on the ice, holding tightly enough to Jinsol for the taller to fall on top of her. The duo slid on the ice for a couple of seconds before Jinsol propped herself up on her elbows above Jungeun and burst into laughter.

And Jungeun may or may not have laughed along too.

guess we goin' slow update hours✈️

i'm sorry guys! i'm trying to update regularly, but inspiration has left the chat, and school work makes me wanna cry and i'm also just ignoring everything???

the boxer au is still existing, i just need to finish the first chapter🙃