8 || one theory later

"I'm not that unapproachable, am I?" Jungeun asked Jiwoo on the phone.

The rest of the day, Jungeun couldn't get the conversation she had with Jinsol out of her head. She never really thought about how nobody asked her out or why she was single. She was just content about it all until Jinsol questioned it. And now she can't get it out of her head.

Jiwoo's hesitance was all Jungeun needed. She groaned and fell back into her bed.

"It's not that, unnie," Jiwoo quickly said. "You're just...kind of scary. To other people."

Jungeun never thought about that, but she should've known. Did every person think of her that same way Jinsol did? No, there has to be at least one person who wasn't Jiwoo who would willingly talk to Jungeun.

So, she went to school with a smile on her face and greeted those who dared to make eye contact. They either quickly looked away or hesitantly greeted her back whilst staring at her like she was an alien or something. She even attempted to talk to a trio of girls who were squealing about a boy group Jungeun never heard of, and was disappointed when they all suddenly grew shy and excused themselves. Oh god, was she that bad?

"What are you doing?"

Jungeun's smile dropped at the sight of Jinsol standing before her, arms crossed and eyebrow arched.

"I was being approachable, if you must know," Jungeun responded.

"By scaring the entire student body?"

Jungeun rolled her eyes. "It's not my fault they're afraid of me."

"Um, it kind of is. Don't you spread rumors about people, even if it isn't true?"

Jungeun opened her mouth to defend herself, only to say nothing. Yeah, she never claimed to be an angel or anything of the sort. But she never stopped to think about her actions in all honesty when it came to rumors. They were small, petty ones, ones Jungeun didn't really care about but talked about just to see drama.

"And you would've told the world about me, right?" Jinsol kept going, walking alongside Jungeun, who wasn't paying attention to where she was going. "Just for what? More power? More drama? For people to hate me? Do you hate me?"

No, Jungeun doesn't hate Jinsol. She doesn't even really know Jinsol personally. She was just a senior who's pretty, intelligent, caring, and unproblematic. If she was being honest with herself, Jungeun wished she was more like Jinsol.

"No," she softly said, lowering her gaze.

"Exactly—wait, you don't?"

Jungeun shook her head. "I don't hate you, Jinsol."

"Whoa...That's a surprise and a relief. Although, I do like the whole enemies thing we have going on. It makes school interesting."

Jungeun scoffed, but couldn't help the small smile that grew on her face. She had no idea why exactly she was smiling, but there she was. "Dork."

And Jinsol was grinning too. "Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. But I've been thinking about why you don't like me, and I've came down to two possible conclusions."

Intrigued, Jungeun looked up at her with her eyebrows rose. "Go ahead."

"Either 1) you're jealous of me. I don't know if it's because of my superb English skills or my sportiness, but it might be because of my looks—" Jungeun scoffed again"—or 2) you like me."

Jungeun choked on her saliva as she attempted to glare up at Jinsol (but she looked more like a confused puppy). She willed away the heat on her cheeks to no avail. "L-like you? Ha, in your dreams, Jung."

But Jinsol's smile grew wider as she continued to pester the smaller. "Just think about it. I'm pretty sure you liked the kiss, Jungeun-ah."

"Did not!" Jungeun's face grew hotter.

"If you want me to kiss you again, all you have to do is ask—"

"Keep your voice down!" Jungeun hissed, eyes darting everywhere. There were eyes following them, whispers being exchanged, and suddenly it felt like Jungeun couldn't breathe.

"They don't know what we're talking abo—Jungeun?"

But Jungeun was already speed-walking down the hall, pretending that her face wasn't the color of a tomato and people weren't looking at her. And she definitely wasn't thinking about what Jinsol said either. Nope, nope, nope!

She hurried into class, plopping herself down in her seat and catching her breath, holding a hand up to shield her face away from curious gazes. Jiwoo was already in her seat, giving her a weird look.

"Jungeun? Are you alright?" Jiwoo asked with a frown.

"Totally fine," she lied. But she could feel them again, Jinsol's lips on hers. How soft they were, how warm they were...

Jungeun hid her face in her arms as she laid her head down on her desk. She wasn't totally fine, not by a long shot.

so i had writer's block with this for a good second, but now i don't :D
i have a hyewon book and a band!loona au in the works right now because i'm trash and don't know how to stop getting ideas :')