15 || one fettuccine later

Jungeun was terrified. Ever since that encounter at Jinsol's grandparents' shop with Sooyoung, she had been on edge and way too anxious for her own good. She kept looking over her shoulder, especially when around Jinsol. It felt like people were staring at her, like they just knew. And she couldn't have that happening.

"Look, you're not being Punk'd if that's what you're worried about," Jinsol chuckled as she stabbed her fork into a salad.

The two were on another date at an Italian restaurant, as Jinsol was craving pasta and didn't want to eat alone. Because she had no friends, and that was a little suspicious to Jungeun, but she didn't say anything about it.

"I'm not worried about anything," Jungeun lied, absentmindedly spinning the fettuccine around on her fork as she glanced around the restaurant.

"Yeah, okay." It was apparent that Jinsol didn't believe Jungeun at all.

A few moments passed in silence, as Jinsol was eating her spaghetti, before she asked, "How's your pasta?"

"Delicious."

"It would be even more so if you would actually eat it."

Jungeun turned her attention back to her food. She hadn't realized that she wasn't actually eating at all, and she felt even more silly when she saw Jinsol's half-finished plate in front of her. She then grabbed a big forkful of noodles and shoved them into her mouth, humming to let Jinsol know she approved of the taste. They were cold and felt like uncooked dough when she chewed.

But Jinsol wasn't having it.

"Jungeun, you're cute and all when you pretend something isn't right, but something isn't right. What's wrong? I know we aren't really that close yet, but I don't like seeing you worried."

Jinsol reached forward to rub Jungeun's hand that was resting on the table in a fist. The younger resisted the urge to pull away in fear of wandering eyes. But her fist gave a little twitch and that was all Jinsol needed.

"What is it? Did somebody say something to you? Did somebody do something to you? Was it me? Have I done something? If I have, I'm really sor—"

"It wasn't you," Jungeun assured with a sigh. "I'm just...scared."

"Of what?"

"You know what I'm talking about."

Jinsol looked around the restaurant herself before turning her gaze back to Jungeun. "I don't see anybody we know."

"But that's the thing!" Jungeun lowered her voice into a harsh whisper. "We don't know anybody, but anybody could know us! Someone could put them up to watching us!"

At the accusation, Jinsol slowly blinked. "Jungeun, who would want to stalk a highschool lesbian couple?"

Sooyoung. "Anybody!"

Jinsol narrowed her eyes.

Of course Jinsol wouldn't believe her. Or maybe she thought Jungeun was overreacting.

"I don't want word getting out and for both of us to face trouble," Jungeun argued, in a softer voice. She wouldn't dare admit it out loud, but she cared for Jinsol, just the tiniest bit. As much as she didn't want her own reputation ruined, she didn't want Jinsol's ruined either.

Jinsol didn't react the way Jungeun expected her to. The older chuckled, face breaking out into a wide, humorless smile as she shook her head and continued eating her spaghetti. Jungeun just watched her, wondering what she was laughing at. She hadn't said anything funny, had she?

"And to think you've changed," Jinsol sighed, more to herself.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jungeun frowned, fork pausing in its twirling her pasta.