Chapter 1: Abomination

Nadeen and the Winchester brothers, took the drive down to New Orleans. When they got there, they got started on tracking down Klaus. They were shocked at the amount of people that knew him by name. They kept hearing about the bar he spends a lot of time in, so they made their way there.

They had walked into a bar and looked around. Nadeen felt a sort of relief when she spotted Klaus having a drink by himself at the bar. She remembered his face well. They made their way over and she sat down next to him.

"I would offer to buy you a drink but, I dont think your guards here would be overly fond." He smirked as he turned to look at her.

"She's underage." Sam said.

"So don't get any ideas." Dean added.

"I'm 18. I can drink legally in more than one country." She added.

"Well when you're in London or Italy you can drink all you want." Dean said ordering a beer for himself.

"How can I help you love?" Klaus asked looking at Nadeen.

"You know something about me. Something I don't know."

"Perhaps." He grinned.

"The lady you mentioned before. Who you said looked like me? Did her name happen to be Adelaide?" His face hardened.

"What do you know?" He asked.

"I know I keep having dreams about her. Along with you and other people. From what I've gathered, she's a witch, who's very close to you and your family. Especially to you. I know that you're one of the first vampires to ever exist. I know your mother played a part in that. But I also don't know how accurate any of this is."

He took a sip of his drink before facing her fully.

"My siblings and I were the first vampires ever created. Our mother was a very powerful witch who, yes, gave us this power, these abilities. So she'd never lose a child the way she lost my younger brother. She did it as a way to protect us. Adelaide was a close friend for many years. She too was a very powerful witch. She spent a lot of time with us, learning from my mother, being apart of our family. She was the first woman I ever loved." He took another sip from his glass. She was surprised to hear him mention that last bit.

"After my siblings and I turned, I tried to get Adelaide to do the same. It was stupid of me but I was young, in love, and barley knew how it all worked. But she didn't agree with what my mother did. She thought it was wrong, unnatural. She also didn't see another way to be with me forever without tapping into dark magic herself. She told me she loved me too much not to at least try. So I attempted to turn her, but failed. The spirits punished her in return so my blood made her sick. On her death bed she made me a promise. She told me she would live again one day and she'd return to me and my family and her magic would reassure that."

"How?" Nadeen asked a little confused.

"Before she died, she stored all her magic into a necklace she wore. She gave it to me and it led me to you. That's how I found you. You're the doppelgänger that will be used to bring her back. I thought Hayley would be the one but it's not her. It's you. Adelaide will live again, through you." Klaus stated. Nadeen frowned, starting to feel uncomfortable.

"No she will not. I'm not a witch and I'm not her. And who the hell is Hayley?" She asked.

"Never mind that. You are powerful. Believe it or not we've met before, however I had a close witch friend of mine make you forget our encounter."

"You messed with my mind?" She asked him, getting her question ignored.

"I saw you. A few years back, I believe you were with these two here tracking down witches. You held a hex bag in your hand and felt power coursing through your veins. I could tell, I saw how you reacted to it. Since you were alone, I attacked you to test my theory, but ended up crashing into a row of trees 30 yards away. You did that. A regular human couldn't. I believe you're what they call a Siphon. You can't make your own magic, but you can absorb other magic and use it ten fold."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Dean finally asked.

"I'll show you." Klaus reached into his pocket and pulled out a necklace that happened to be glowing.

"No." Sam immediately said.

"See that? It glows for her." Klaus told him before looking back at Nadeen, "Take it." He said moving it close to her, causing it to glow brighter.

"What do you want me to do with this?" She asked, not realizing she was easily entranced by the glowing stone of the necklace. Dean noticed her eyes started to glow the same color as the necklace, the longer she stared at it. The brothers shared a look, wanting the other to intervene but they knew they needed to know what could happen. 

"Just take it." Klaus pushed. She hesitated but surely reached for it. Once she touched it, she felt a strong wave of energy and power. Something she never recalled feeling before.

"Wow." She breathed. She felt an immediate pull towards the necklace. Like a sense that it belonged to her.

"Put it on." Klaus said.

"Hold on a minute-" Sam started but she cut him off.

"It's okay. I'm just gonna try it on." She said.

Klaus grinned while getting up to clasp the necklace behind her neck. Sam and Dean clenched their jaws feeling stuck in this situation.

Nadeen closed her eyes and let out another breath as the necklace touched her skin. She felt strong, unstoppable in a way.

"Be careful with that. That's all her magic. It's powerful." Klaus warned with a small smile.

"Why'd you give me this?"

"You're the key to bringing her back to me. Maybe through you, maybe in another form. I don't care." He said before getting up and leaving. Sam and Dean stood up as well.

"We should call Rowena." Sam said as they watched Nadeen be totally mesmerized by the new piece of jewelry around her neck.

"Definitely." Dean said. The three of them left the bar and got in the car. The drive back to Kansas was quiet. Sam and Dean must've thought Nadeen was asleep when they started talking quietly.

"Did you see her eyes? They glowed red."

"Her veins too. And I don't even think she was totally there for a minute."

"That magic is too much for her. How did we not realize what she was?"

"We never had a reason to suspect anything. Hopefully Rowena can help sort this mess out."

•••

They got to the bunker and were soon joined by Rowena and Cas. Sam and Dean filled them in on what was going on.

"A Siphon? They're very rare. Most witches frown upon them." Rowena said looking at the girl. Nadeen sat at the table and twirled the necklace between her fingers.

"Why?" Dean asked.

"Well they're not natural."

"Abominations." Cas added. Nadeen gave him a look.

"Thanks Cas."

"Maybe we should get you accustomed to your new abilities. I'll teach you everything there is to know. Starting with control." Rowena said walking over to her.

"This will be fun."