Chapter 5: You Dont Care

The next morning I woke up with the worst headache. 

I groaned sitting up and rubbed my head. I got up and went to the bathroom. I checked the medicine cabinet for some Advil.

I took two then headed downstairs. I furrowed my eyebrows when the smell of pancakes hit my nose. I got to the kitchen, once again there was Kai. He smiled and waved holding up a plate of pancakes.

"Good morning again princess." I rolled my eyes and moved to sit down. I poured myself some orange juice and grabbed a pancake.

"I took the liberty of taking down all your traps so you don't kill yourself." I looked around not even realizing.

"They were there to kill you." I told him.

"You're welcome." He smiled. I rolled my eyes.

"How about we call a truce. I don't try to kill you and you don't try to kill me. You're stuck with me for who knows how long. And being alone will drive you nuts. So let's be friends." He suggested.

"Friends is too strong of a word."

"Fine, cell mates then. Get it? Because we're in a prison world." He chuckled.

"I got it."

Kai and I spent a lot of time together after that. I still kept my guard up around him. I didn't fully trust him yet. Five more months passed and I was still stuck here. Maybe Sam and Dean forgot about me. Or maybe they couldn't figure out how to get me home. Or maybe they just wanted me to stay here. Maybe they died on a case.

Those thoughts were enough to keep me in bed all morning. Well that's what I had planned until Kai barged into my room.

"I hoped you've been marking your calendar. Today is turkey day." He smiled.

"Go away."

"What? No. Come on we've got food shopping and cooking to do." I threw a pillow at him and turned on my side.

"Why are you being a brat? Get the hell out of bed." He said before pulling my blanket off me. I groaned and sat up.

"I'm still here! It's been six months and I'm still in this God forsaken place, reliving the same day over and over again! I want to go home!" He just stood there looking at me.

"You done?" I rolled my eyes and got up. I brushed past him leaving the room. I walked out the house and went up to the clock tower. Somewhere I often go to clear my head. I stayed up there for a while, lost in my thoughts. Then I went for a walk. I walked to the town line where I ended up when I first got here.

I tried to see if I could feel something. Anything. I sighed defeated and headed back. I hadn't realized how late it got until I noticed the moon was out. So I headed back to the house.

Kai was sitting in the living room drinking. Looks like he'd been at it for a while because the bottle was just about empty and the floor was littered with beer cans.

I looked in the kitchen and saw a burnt turkey sitting on the counter. I had honestly forgotten that Kai wanted to celebrate thanksgiving.

"Look Who Finally decided to show up." He spoke.

"I'm sorry. I forgot you had plans-"

"But you don't care of course. Why would you?" He took a sip from his glass. I rolled my eyes.

"It's not that big of a deal." He glared at me causing me to sigh.

"Look the night isn't done, we can still have dinner." He shook his head and downed the rest of his drink before throwing the glass against the wall, breaking it. I sighed and moved to clean it up but he was quick to get up and push me against a wall.

"Just admit it, you don't give a damn. You just deal with me because you're stuck with me." He spat.

"What if I did care? Would that be so bad?" He looked at me and in a matter of seconds, his lips were on mine.