Chapter 7: You Can't Love a Monster

By Christmas, Kai had convinced me to join him for a Christmas dinner in the mansion he just moved himself into. The place belonged to someone named Lockwood.

The past few weeks with Kai were definitely different. We'd fight then have hot sex in various places. I have the bruises to prove that. When we weren't fighting, we just spent time talking, playing chess, telling stories, traveling.

Beneath the crazy, He was just a normal guy. A very sarcastic, goofy, annoying guy. Each day that passed I fell for him harder. Each day I tried to deny it but a smile, or a single touch made that difficult for me.

"Are you gonna pour the wine or just stand there?" Kai asked making me snap out my thoughts. I rolled my eyes and poured the wine into two glasses, then walked into the dining area. I sat them down next to the plates.

"Happy?" I asked looking at him. He motioned me to come over to where he was standing. I furrowed my eyebrows and walked over.

"What?" He grinned and simply pointed up. Hanging from the ceiling was a mistletoe. I chuckled looking at him.

"Really?" He shrugged.

"It's tradition." I rolled my eyes and kissed his cheek.

"There you go. Let's eat now." I smiled turning to walk away. He grabbed my arm and pulled me back into him.

"Kai-"

"An actual kiss would be nice. But no pressure. Unless you don't want to kiss me, which is understandable I guess I mean-"

I cut him off by cupping his face and pressing my lips against his. He kissed me back slowly and pulled me in even closer by my hips. This kiss was much different than the other kisses we shared. I basically poured my heart out in this kiss, and he knew that. He felt it.

He pulled away and looked at me. I couldn't really make out his facial expression. It looked like a mix of confusion and fear.

"Kai-" I started. He shook his head backing up.

"I need some air." He said before walking out the house. I sighed to myself and knew it was best to just let him go. I sat down at the table and played with my food and sipped wine while waiting for him to come back.

When I realized he wasn't, I cleaned up then headed upstairs. I got changed and crawled into bed. My mind wouldn't rest because it was up thinking about Kai. How did I manage to fall for him? Was I even sure about these feelings?

I fell asleep confused. But that didn't last long because Kai burst into the room turning the light on, waking me up.

"Seriously Kai?" I groaned.

"What did it mean?" He asked. I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

"What?"

"The kiss. What did it mean?" I sighed rubbing my face.

"We could've talked earlier but you disappeared."

"Because I was confused. The kiss...it felt like like-"

"Like I care? Like I have feelings for you?" I grumbled getting out of bed.

"Well we both know that's not true." He laughed.

"Is it that hard to believe? That someone can care about you?"

"Uh yeah because my whole life, nobody ever gave a fuck about me. So why should I believe that you, that this is different?"

"Because I've been in here with you for almost a year. I've gotten to know you. The real you. The guy I'm falling in love with."

"Shut up." He huffed shaking his head.

"Kai, there's nothing wrong with feeling something. Anything. And there's nothing wrong with the way I feel about you. I-"

"Shut up!" He yelled. I moved close to him and cupped his face.

"It's okay to feel. It's okay to want something good." He shook his head.

"You can't love a monster."

"You're not a monster to me. And I can do what I want." I smiled softly. He looked at me and started to calm down some.

"Here sit down." I said motioning him over to the bed. He nodded softly and sat down. I sat next to him not sure what to do now. I couldn't tell what he was thinking or feeling.

"You okay?" He turned to look at me.

"Hey look, if you don't feel the same or whatever, that's fine okay? I understand." I said. He shook his head and slowly leaned in to kiss me. He cupped my face as I kissed back. My hand went to the back of his neck to pull him closer.

He moved so I was on my back and he was on top, never breaking the kiss. My hands went up to his hair, tugging softly as his hands slowly roamed my body. After a while, I pulled away before it could get too far.

"As much as I'd love to do this right now, you did wake me up in the middle of the night." I pointed out. He rolled his eyes and started kissing my neck softly.

"Your point?" He asked quietly. I closed my eyes biting my lip.

"My point is, I'd like to get my sleep." I felt him sucking on my neck causing a soft moan to escape my lips.

"You want me to stop?" He asked before quickly continuing his actions.

"Mmm no." I felt him smirk against my skin.

"That's what I thought. Don't worry Princess, you'll get plenty of sleep after this."