Chapter 10: Fate

I got settled in a motel outside Mystic Falls. I plopped on the bed and plugged up my dead phone. I had plenty of missed calls and texts from Sam expressing his concern. I got a message from Dean apologizing and hundreds of calls and texts from Stiles, Scott, and the rest. I called Stiles back.

"Nadeen?"

"Stiles Hey."

"Hey? IT'S BEEN A FREAKIN YEAR AND ALL YOU CAN SAY IS HEY?!" I moved the phone away from my ear as he yelled.

"Sam and Dean sent me to a prison world. I guess they didn't tell you."

"A prison world? They told me you took off."

"Nope. They don't think I have control over my power. So they sent me to this other world where I basically relived the same day over and over again while fighting someone that was constantly trying to kill me, then falling in love with said person. Now I got out but he's still trapped so I'm trying to get him out."

"What did he do to get trapped?" He asked.

"Anyway I've got lots to do tomorrow, so I will talk to you later." He sighed.

"Alright. Call Scott when you get the chance. He was worried."

"I will."

"Oh and Derek has been looking for you."

Memories of our time together in Beacon Hills briefly appeared in my mind. I was quick to rid my thoughts of him.

"Well you can tell him to stop. Talk to you later." I said before ending the call.

I locked my phone and sighed. I'd figure things out with Sam and Dean later. Right now I needed to figure out how to get Kai back. I spent most of my night preparing my guns with wooden bullets laced with vervain. I carved a few stakes just in case. Once I felt that everything was set, I went to sleep.

•••

I got up the next morning bright and early. I got my stuff and headed to the boarding house. I walked up to the door and knocked a few times. I was greeted by Damon who was not happy to see me.

In seconds I was pinned to a wall with his hand tightly around my throat. I heard his brother call his name but he ignored him and glared at me.

"Give me one good reason not to snap your neck right now." Using the stake hidden in my jacket, I stabbed him in his stomach causing him to release me and fall down in pain. I took a few seconds to catch my breath.

"Look I'm not here to fight. I simply want the same thing you want. Kind of. You want Bonnie, and I want Kai. We can help each other." I shrugged helping myself to a drink.

"Bitch." Damon grunted standing up after removing the stake from his stomach. I chuckled.

"Jesus do you kiss your mother with that mouth Damon?"

"Look, from what I heard, this Kai guy isn't someone you'd want roaming around." Damon's brother said.

"Well no one wants vampires roaming around but here you are." I shrugged. Damon continued to glare.

"Look. I say we go to Oregon and find the Gemini coven."

"We were doing that anyways. We're just waiting for someone." The brother said. Just then someone walked in the house.

"Let's Get this show on the road. Who's this?" The man asked looking at me.

"I'm Nadeen and I call shotgun." I smiled walking outside.

•••

The trip was fairly quiet. Nobody wanted to talk which was understandable.

"So who are you?" I asked turning to look at the man.

"I'm Alaric. A friend of Damon and Stefan." I nodded.

"I thought road trips were suppose to be fun." I sighed looking out the window.

"It would be fun without you tagging along." Damon said.

"Well if I wasn't riding with a bunch of old dudes then it would be fun."

"What are you anyway?" Alaric asked. I turned back to face him.

"Well I'm a hunter. I hunt monsters like your friends here. But recently I found out about my "witchy" abilities."

"You never really explained why you have Hailey's face." Stefan said.

"Well a guy name Klaus told me-"

"Wait Klaus Mikaelson?" Damon asked.

"Yeah. You know him?" They all shared looks and scoffed. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Anyways he told me that I'm a doppelgänger of some witch chick from his time as a human."

"Wait so how are you and Hayley both from the same time?" Stefan asked. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"

"We have some experience with doppelgängers. A...friend of mine is one. So am I. But we met both of her doppelgängers and one came way before the other."

"Well I don't know how any of this works. Wake me up when we get to Oregon. You kill me in my sleep you die." I told Damon. He rolled his eyes. I leaned my head on the window and closed my eyes.

When I opened them, I was standing in front of a giant tree. In the middle of some small village. I took in my surroundings. It looked like people lived here, but the place was empty.

"Hello." Spoke a voice. I turned around to face a beautiful woman with long blonde hair.

"Hi. What is this? Who are you?"

"My name is Esther. The original witch. Mother of Niklaus, Elijah, Kol, Finn, Henrik, Freya, and Rebekah." I furrowed my eyebrows confused.

"Why am I here?"

"You have questions, I was sent to help answer a few. Your mother was told she was expecting one child. A son. But when the time came for her to give birth, she birthed two children instead of one. A son and a daughter."

"Okay?"

"Adelaide did that." She said. I scoffed.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"I'm sure you're aware that you look like her. She made sure that you'd be born at the right time. She and I created you so she could have the perfect vessel to come back to."

"What do you mean come back?"

"Adelaide will live again through you, Nadeen. She will keep my children together so they will always be at their best."

"Why can't She live through the other one? Hayley."

"Hayley is carrying my grandchild. You are already a witch. You're perfect. Your fate will soon be fulfilled."