Chapter Two

Ryleigh
"I dunno, Josh, maybe we should call 911,"the guy holding me said. He wasn't looking at me. "That's not necessary, I'm fine,"I croaked out. The guys looked down at me. I finally managed to look up at the two strangers who just saved me. I saw headlights as cars slowed and continued past.

Their faces were in shadow but, after a moment, I discovered that I was in none other than Tyler Joseph's lap. I gasped. He looked at me in confusion. The guy standing must be Josh Dun. I was so embarrassed. My idols literally just saved my sorry ass, how pathetic can I possibly get?

"What? What's wrong?"Tyler asked, his eyes searching mine in concern. "N-Nothing, it's just you're Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun. I'm a big fan of your music. I just feel like I connect to it, ya know?"I said. Josh laughed, his eyes crinkling at the edges as he sat next to us. "Well, I guess you know us. What's your name?"Tyler asked, amusement mixing with the concern in his eyes. "I'm Ryleigh,"I said softly. Josh had a weird expression on his face as he looked at me before he turned away. When he looked back at me, he just smiled.

"Well, Ryleigh, do you mind if I ask what you were doing in the road?"Tyler asked. Josh was watching me cautiously. "Oh, I..uh..I was headed home,"I lied. Josh gave me a look, he knew I lied. "Oh, really? Well, let's give you a ride,"he said, looking to Josh. "NO!"I said a little too loudly.

Tyler and Josh exchanged a look before Tyler looked down at his watch. "It is getting kind of late. You can crash with us tonight if you'd like?"Tyler said. I nodded my head slowly, squeezing my eyes shut. I felt nauseous and dizzy all of a sudden. After a minute, Tyler helped me stand and get into the backseat. I felt completely safe for the first time in years.

I leaned my head against the window listening to them talk quietly before I fell asleep. I felt someone lifting and carrying me after awhile. I heard quiet mumbling before I was laid gently on a bed with blankets pulled over me. I fell back asleep wondering if I'd only imagined the entire thing and if I was, in fact, dead.

*******

I yawned the next morning. I woke up to bright sunlight streaming through a window. The room wasn't familiar and I realized then that last night actually happened. I stretched, feeling my bones pop before sliding my work shoes back on and climbing down the stairs. I followed the noise of people talking and found their kitchen. A blonde woman was sitting next to Tyler.

She looked up at me causing the guys to look up. "Hi, I'm Jenna. You must be Ryleigh?"she guessed. I nodded shyly. I was nervous. "Please sit down,"she said before standing up and disappearing through a doorway. She returned with a plate of food. I glanced at it. It would be rude not to eat but I have seen a plate of food this big in years.

I slowly picked up a fork and stabbed a piece of French toast, eating it slowly and carefully. "So, we have a meeting in town and we were thinking we could drop you off at home on our way,"Josh said, watching me carefully. I didn't want to make myself sick off this food and I was already getting full. I nodded and ate a couple more bites before pushing the plate back.

"That's all you're going to eat?"Josh asked. I nodded. "You're positive? You're so small, you weigh practically nothing,"Tyler said. I nodded again. "It's okay, sweetie,"she said shooting a look at Tyler and Josh.

I followed them out to their car, not caring that I was missing the last day of school. I started shaking with fear, wondering what would be in store for me when I got home. I listened to the radio playing softly and felt my pockets to make sure I had my iPod and earbuds with me.

I had given them the address and watched as we passed familiar streets to the lower part of town where houses sat crumbling like cookie crumbs. I watched as they exchanged a short glance before Tyler looked back at the road. "It's this one,"I said, pointing it out as Tyler slowly pulled off in front of my house.

"Thanks for everything!"I whispered. I felt their eyes boring into my back as I climbed up the cracked front sidewalk and few steps to the door. I slid my earbuds in, pressing play. I carefully opened and turned to wave before stepping inside to my personal hell. 

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU LAST NIGHT, BITCH?"my father screamed over the sound of my music. He came out from the kitchen. I flinched and didn't see the bottle flying at me until it was too late. It hit my head, glass shattering and flying everywhere. I collapsed, falling on my knees. My vision blurred but I wasn't sure if it was from the hit of the bottle or if it was from my tears.

I felt a warm liquid and watched as the red dripped to the floor. He made me bleed. My earbuds had fallen out and I wasn't quite sure where my iPod was. I laid down on the floor, hands around my sides as he started kicking me. I squeezed my eyes shut. The door behind me flew open quickly.

I forced my eyes open. I watched as Josh knocked my father to the floor and grabbed a pressure point, rendering my father unconscious. I was so dizzy. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to make myself breathe. I heard sirens. Josh came over to me.

"Ryleigh, are you okay?"he asked, placing a gentle hand on my shoulder. I flinched and involuntarily pulled away. I opened my eyes again, seeing the hurt in his. I was so tired, I couldn't fight it anymore. I felt him put me gently in his arms before everything faded away.

A/N: Hey y'all! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I'd love to know what you thought about it. I've been busy the last couple of weeks with work but I found time to write today. Are you out of school? How's summer going? Much love!

B