Chapter Twenty Three

Ryleigh
"So have you decided what you're going to do?"Josh asked, breaking the silence. I stayed in his arms, holding him like the lifeline he currently was. "What do you mean?"I mumbled. "This is your decision, Ryleigh. Whether you bring a new life into the world or not,"Josh said, trailing off awkwardly. He sounded sad. I stayed silent. "There's adoption or abortion or you could keep it,"he said. "I can't put my kid through adoption, Josh. It's actual hell but I can't imagine losing it either so I guess that leaves me one option,"I said. "Then you should probably tell Zack,"he said, rubbing my back. I sniffled.

I was terrified out of my mind. I was worried what Zack would think. If I had known what was coming then I would have known that I was right to be afraid. Josh let me go. "Are you gonna be alright?"he asked. I nodded and Josh handed me my phone. "I'll give you some privacy,"he said. My thumb hovered over Zack's contact for a long time before I realized that I couldn't tell him. It was so early. What if something went wrong? 

I found my thumb shifting through and pressing call before I even made a second thought. "Hello?"his tired, rough voice answered. "Lex, can we meet up and talk?"I asked. "Is everything okay?"he sounded more alert. "I'll explain. I just...we need to talk in person,"I said. "Alright. When do you wanna meet? I'm in Columbus for the week,"Alex said. "Can you pick me up in about an hour?"I asked. "I'll be there,"he said then he hung up. I'm such a chickenshit.

Josh came back in. "Did you tell him, yet?"he asked, handing me a bottle of water. "No, I couldn't. I will, just not right now. I'm gonna go out with Alex in an hour, okay?"I said. "Okay, it's your choice. Just be home before dark,"Josh said, kissing my forehead. He was such a good brother to me, I hate that I never got the chance to know him when I was younger.

Alex was prompt. I had changed into leggings and a loose hoodie. I just needed comfort right now. I didn't bother with my makeup and tied my hair into a messy bun. I climbed into his car. "Woah, are you okay?"he asked as soon as I opened the door. I nodded and sniffled, closing the door. He just looked at me in concern for a moment. "Alex, I'm going to explain just drive first,"I said. "Where to?"he asked. "Somewhere we can talk,"I said. He nodded and I turned my head to look out the window. My face was puffy and red, I could feel it.

He stopped in a parking lot, overlooking the mountain. He got out then I followed. He took my hand gently and led me to the rocks where we sat. I felt myself starting to cry again so I leaned my head against his shoulder. He put an arm around my shoulder. "Lex, will you promise you won't hate me?"I asked softly. "I promise,"he said.

"I'm pregnant,"I whispered so soft I wasn't sure he heard me. I felt him stiffen uncomfortably and looked up at him. "Who's the father?"he asked. "Zack but I don't want him to know. I just know that he's not going to want to be involved,"I said. "Ryleigh, you don't know that,"Alex said softly, concern in his eyes. "But I do Alex. We're still children, I can't drive a fucking car. I'm sixteen, he's seventeen. Why fuck up both lives?"I asked angrily. "Calm down. I know but I feel that should be his decision,"Alex said, siding with his best friend.

"He can't know, okay? Either you have my back or you don't,"I said, pulling away and standing up to walk away. "Ryleigh, wait!"he said, standing and coming after me. I looked at him with tearfilled eyes but I wasn't sure if it was because I was upset or if it was hormones. He reached out for me but I pulled away. "I have your back. I just don't like lying to my best friend. How are you going to hide from him here?"Alex asked. I raised an eyebrow. "What?"he asked. "I was sort of hoping that you would---uh---stay with me in London,"I said, practically begging. "Ryleigh! What would I tell the guys?"he asked. "Just tell Rian and Jack. Or maybe not Jack. Do you think he can keep a secret from Zack?"I asked, starting to ramble.

"What are you going to tell Josh? Have you talked to him? I feel like this is kind of a big deal. You're still a minor under his care,"Alex cut me off, trying to be reasonable. "No but I promise I will, Lex,"I said, batting my eyelashes. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Okay,"he said. "Okay as in?"I asked. "I'll do it,"he mumbled, looking away ashamed. I ran up and hugged him. He hugged me back. He was only two years older but felt like he was older than that. He was always looking out for me similar to Josh and Jordan.

The ride back to Josh and I's place was pretty quiet. "Are you sure?"Alex asked as he parked. "I'm positive,"I said. "I'll wait here then,"Alex said. I got out and went inside. It was getting dark. I unlocked the door and found Josh on the couch. "Hey, can we talk quick?"I asked. "Yeah, sure,"he said, looking up at me and taking his glasses off to rub his eyes.

A/N: Hey y'all! Sorry if this ending is shitty. I'm in a writing mood I'm gonna keep trucking along. I feel like complete and utter shit mentally and emotionally so I'm gonna write. I hope y'all are doing well. Much Love!

B