Chapter Twenty Seven

Ryleigh
I struggled with indecision as I looked at Zack on one knee in front of me. Yes, I loved him but marriage. That was so soon. "Yes--"I said before Zack stood up, cutting me off. "Wait!"I yelled. He froze and I saw Rian and Alex freeze halfway into high five position. "But I don't want to be married right away. We can be engaged but I don't want anything official for awhile. You're just coming back and I still find it hard to believe that you won't have a one night stand. You have to prove that you're here for me and our baby,"I said. Zack looked hurt but nodded, agreeing to my terms, before slipping a beautiful, simple ring onto my finger.

I hoped I wasn't making a mistake. It was just an engagement. Alex and Rian both had their phones up so I knew they probably had pictures and videos. "This can't get out to the press, okay?"I said then went to the back of the bus where Alex kept a spare guitar. I texted Josh to let him know I was okay and what had just happened. Then I started to let myself sing, not even knowing what I was singing. I just let myself get lost in the sound, closing my eyes and momentarily finding a peace I hadn't felt in the last few months.

When I felt the bus pull to a stop, I pulled out of my trance and climbed off the bus to go on a much needed walk. I needed to clear my mind. I didn't bother explaining myself to anyone, just kept an earbud in playing music as I walked without direction. I eventually found myself on the roof, sitting on the edge overlooking the city we were in. It was quite beautiful. It was just nearing dawn so the sun was coming up. I heard the roof access door open and turned around to find Zack.

"Oh,"he said, trailing off and turning around to leave. "No, stay. It's okay, I just wanted to see the sunrise,"I said. He came and sat carefully next to me. I leaned into him with an arm around my baby bump. His fingers gently rubbed circles into my hip, doing a little dance that felt heavenly and caused goosebumps to spread all over my skin like a wildfire. I was engaged to my baby's father. We continued to sit there, overlooking the city, long after the sun came up.

************

2 months later....

I'm six months pregnant. My stomach was getting bigger every day. Today, Zack and I were going to find out the gender of our baby. We got a country farmhouse in a small town hidden right outside Baltimore, next door to Alex. I didn't stay here all the time though, I loved staying in the apartment I had with Josh and Debby in Columbus. "Zack, come on! We're going to be late,"I yelled up the stairs. He came running down a moment later with his phone in his hands that he shut off and shoved in his pocket.

He threw shoes on then we went out to the car. "Your door madam,"he said in a bad British accent and bowed, holding my car door open. I got in and he closed my door before running around the front of the car to get in the drivers seat. I plugged my phone into the auxiliary cord and heard Misery Business starting to blast through the speakers. It made me smile. "Woah!"I said, feeling a kick in my stomach, putting my hand over the spot I felt the kick. "What's wrong?"Zack asked, taking his eyes off the road for a split second to look at me. "Our baby kicked,"I said.

I took his right hand, making sure the left was still on the wheel. I placed his hand beneath mine and saw a smile light up his face as happy tears filled my eyes. This was real and it made me so happy to think that in another three months I would have my baby in my arms. The car pulled to a stop a few minutes later and I climbed out. I checked in at the front desk of the hospital then made my way up to the OB/GYN floor for my appointment.

My gynecologist was waiting for us up there and took us to a room with some equipment, a chair, and a table with paper over it. I climbed up and laid back. She pulled out the tube of cold gel, wasting no time. She started to move the wand around until a thumping sound was heard and the face appeared. She froze the screen when it was where she wanted. "There's your baby. Would you like to know the gender?"she asked. "Yes, please,"I said.

"You're having a baby girl. Congratulations!"she said. She printed out the photos of the ultrasound before cleaning my stomach off, giving us instructions for the next three months. I pulled my phone out once we were in the car.

Group: Jack, Alex, Rian

Ryleigh: Hey guys!!! Guess who knows the gender.

Jack: OH MY GOD! TELL ME! TELLLL MEEEEE!

Alex: please tell us. I'm so excited for you guys.

Rian: Ryleeeeiiiggghhh, what is it?

Ryleigh: I'm having a little girl!!!

Jack: I KNEW IT!!!

Alex: that's great! Congrats, Ry Row!

Rian: I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Seen by Ryleigh at 2:08 pm

I closed out of my phone, content to watch the world pass me by. I held a hand on my stomach, rubbing it. I couldn't wait to have her in my arms.

A/N: Hey y'all! I'm so sorry I took so long with this one. Things have been really tough lately.I cut this short about 50 words but I got stuck so I'm gonna post this now to hopefully make the next chapter a bit longer. I hope you enjoyed. Much love!

B