Chapter Fourteen

Ryleigh
"Oh, well fuck,"Alex says. The phone call ended shortly after that. Alex whispered something to Zack and Rian. They both nodded and Zack picked Logan up off my bed before they left. My stomach was knotted with anxiety. "What's wrong?"I asked. Alex looked to the ceiling. "Lex?"I asked, trying once more to understand what was happening. Alex finally looked at me, struggling to meet my teary eyes. "Your birth mother is back,"he said. "No,"I whispered.

"She called while you were out. That's where Josh and Tyler went. They're meeting with an attorney. Things are looking grim and they're about to fly to Ohio. Zack, Rian, and Logan just went to get some clothes and they'll be waiting at the airport.  There's some good news though,"Alex promised with sadness in his eyes. I thought back on what he said. Why would they just leave me? Did they ever actually care or am I just that unimportant piece of shit getting in the way?

"What's the good news?"I asked with tears starting to fall down my face, choking me up. "You get to hang out with us a good bit and we're flying to Ohio as soon as you get discharged,"Alex said.

As if on cue, the doctor and a nurse appeared in the doorway. "Knock, knock,"the doctor said as he knocked on the doorway. He wore bright colored scrubs and had a SING! necktie. His bright smile made me want to smile, too. "How are you feeling, Miss Dun?"the doctor asked. I shrugged. The doctor simply nodded as the nurse came to my side, starting to detach machines. "Your brother called and explained the current circumstances. We've decided that we're going to discharge you as long as someone is always with you the next few days or weeks. You're going to be feeling faint and tired which is normal after a large amount of blood loss. Your stitches will come out in a few weeks,"the doctor explained.

Alex and Jack, who was now awake, nodded. "Who's signing her out?"the doctor asked. Alex was the responsible one and raised his hand. The doctor gestured for him to follow and they left. The nurse removed the IV and then quietly left. "I have a bag of your clothes if you wanna change,"Jack practically whispered. I haven't ever heard Jack so quiet. I simply nodded and he passed me the bag of close. I swung my legs to the edge of the bed, preparing to stand up. My head was spinning with dizziness. "Woah, easy! You okay, Ryles?"Jack asked, panic and concern lacing his tone. I nodded my head, taking shallow breaths.

Jack gently ruffled my hair. "Let me help, kid,"he said. I heard him unzipping the bag and I carefully opened my eyes, the world wasn't spinning as much now. He pulled out Josh's black Twenty One Pilots shirt and a sports bra. He walked around the bed, helping me unbutton the buttons on the back of the hospital gown. He looked away while I slid the sports bra on then he helped me to slide the t-shirt on over my head. Gauze peeked out under thick Ace bandages over my wounds. Jack came back around, helping me to slide on a pair of sweatpants.

He pulled a pair of black flip flops from my bag and slid them on my feet. I grabbed his grey beanie off his head and put it on over my messy hair. "Hey!"he exclaimed, messing my hair and the beanie up with his hand. I giggled then readjusted it. Alex and the doctor came back, the doctor had a wheelchair in front of him. "If you're ready then I'll help you down to the lobby floor so you can be on your way,"the doctor said. Alex took me gently under one arm, holding closer to my elbow to avoid hurting me or the cuts lining my arms. The doctor had the other side.

The helped me to get into the wheelchair. I was so tired already. I yawned as they wheeled me out of the room and down the hall to an elevator while Jack slung my bag over his shoulder. The eased me into the middle seat of the waiting Uber. I leaned my head against Alex's shoulder while he wrapped an arm around me. Jack wrapped an arm over my other shoulder. I felt warm between their embraces. I waved tiredly at the doctor as we pulled away. I hate going to the doctor but this doctor was friendly.

I kept dozing off but tried to fight sleep until we got to the airport. "Go ahead and sleep. I'll wake you when we get there,"Alex promised. I let myself drift away on a peaceful sea of blackness.

********

"Ryleigh!"someone whispered excitedly in my ear. "What?"I asked, opening my sleepy eyes. "We're here!"Alex said. I nodded. Jack took me into his arms carefully while Alex grabbed our luggage. Flashes of light appeared in my vision. There was so much noise. I felt myself instinctively curling in closer to Jack. "Back off, please! Now is not a time for photos,"Alex yelled while Jack stayed close behind him. They walked quickly for the doors to the airport. 

Once we were there, the noise outside and the light disappeared as security guarded the door and we entered an almost empty airport. It was early in the morning, only five now. There couldn't have been more then 150 people waiting and loitering around. We got to a security checkpoint.

"You gotta stand up for me now, Ryleigh,"Jack whispered, standing me upright. I walked through, clearing security. Jack came next and picked me up bridal style again. Alex was next and grabbed our bags. I kept my eyes closed, dizziness still plaguing my head. Several minutes later, I felt Jack climbing some stairs. "I'm going to sit you down now,"Jack said, sitting me on a plush seat. Zack, Rian, Logan, Alex, and Jack sat on the tiny private airline jet.

I was next to Alex again, Jack was putting our luggage away. I let my eyes drift closed, not letting myself think about my mother. Instead, it wandered to how my life has changed with Josh and Tyler in my life. I didn't let myself worry about meeting my family, I just let myself get some needed rest.

A/N: Hey y'all! I had some free time this morning that I used to write this chapter. I know it might not be the best chapter I've written. I hope you guys enjoy. How's life? Have y'all gone back to school? Much love!

B