Chapter 1 - Liar But Not.

Second chapter!

Have a good reading❤️

*****

Anaika

"You were the waiter who ran into me that day." As soon as I said it, his eyes went double in size. The same fear taking place and he immediately looked away.

"I-I...am not."

"Do not lie. I know it's you." I insisted, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I could recognize your beautiful eyes in no time." I mumbled under my breath, briefly clearing my throat.

"So who are you, Aditya? A waiter who's from a well-known family or is it a....disguise or something? We need to talk, you know. Our elders are preparing us for a marriage down there." I asked my mind out at him and his gaze went up at me as fast as the lightning at the mention of marriage.

"We should.....not be married." He had some sort of unsureness behind his confession.

"Why?"

He looked into me with his brows raised. "W-What why?"

"Why can't you marry me?" And there goes, the looking away.

He went quiet and begin fidgeting his fingers in anxiety, I see.

"We can be honest to each other, right? I'm a very straightforward person and I don't like beating around the bush. If you find my questions....overwhelming, just say so." I said and he sighed before seeing me in the eyes.

"Please, I can't say why. B-But we can't be married." It was almost he's begging me to not marry him.

"I need a reason, Aditya. You're here with your family downstairs, giving hopes to my family and relatives that you're interested for my hand in marriage but now, your saying otherwise?"

His eyes turned sympathetic and for once I could say that those eyes held a lot more unreadable emotions than it already have.

"I...." He lost his words and begin looking away.

"Do not look away." I can't help it when my sentence came out stern and quick. I just can't tolerate his looking away phase.

His eyes steadied on mine and his breathing was heavy paced.

"We will wait here, until you give me an acceptable reason. Okay?"

It's been few minutes, he did looked away but to think, I assume.

I sighed, getting frustrated of all the waiting. I can be quite impatient some times but it depends and right now, it's going out of my hands. He's hard to be read and I'm really lacking on my intuitiveness.

"Is it because I'm fat? You're just like that guy who prefer their woman to be thin and....I don't know, maybe remarkably beautiful." I spoke up instantly, with the sarcasm that I couldn't stop from coming.

If I don't get to understand him then we should get this over straight away.

He gasped when he heard me. It does hurt to think that the one man, who I thought I felt something for is really like every other men outside. Their only preference of a wonderful wife is beauty, or should I say, the outside beauty. But this is the indigestible truth for most women like me.

Now, I don't even want to look at him.

"No." It was loud and clear, it's as if he's trying to say otherwise. My gaze got back at him and he looked determined. This is indeed a surprise for me. So does this mean he find me desirable?