Chapter 7 - Missed You.

Aditya

I drove all the way here for nothing and this security guard is very sincere in his duty. I parked my car outside by the road and now, with my hands carrying the food containers, I walked up to him. Hoping that he would believe me.

"Please, sir. This is food, I need to give it to her. You can come with me to meet her if you-" He shake his head, not letting go of this easily.

I don't want to return without seeing my wife and lending her this cooked meals so I decided to let her know my presence. She won't ask me to leave after getting to know that I'm here, I know her. She would definitely not do that.

"Please tell her that Aditya's here." He shake his head. "Please, sir. Just try doing it once, please."

He smiled before saying, "You won't give up, do you?" He, then walked into the guard post to dial her intercom, I guess.

I was praying for her to let me in and the old man came out with a card. "Well, you were right. She knew you and she asked me to let you in right away. Follow me now, I would take you to the elevator."

I thanked him while following behind and he slipped the card to me and said, "You can use this card to access the elevator while on the way down, don't forget to pass it to me when you're leaving, okay?"

"Sure, sir. Thank you so much for letting me in to meet my wife." I gasped for what I had spoken, I wasn't planning on using that around her workplace. I don't even know whether they all recognized of her being married. This might spite like fire around the company if no one knows that's she's married.

He had his eyes big and I was struggling with my words to correct the sentence when I heard him, "Wife? You are the husband? Oh my God, it is you. You looked familiar but I didn't recognized you. I'm very sorry, sir. But why didn't you say it before?"

"I just don't want to misuse my marriage. This is her workplace anyway. But you know me, how?"

"Yes, yes. Of course, I know you. Your Ms Anaika's husband. Well, she's your Mrs now. She's a nice young woman and always treats me like a father. One day when I was helping her around the company, she showed me your wedding pictures. I should have guessed it when you were very stubborn on meeting her." He snickered and I chuckled a shy smile before the elevator dinged alarming on its arrival.

"No problem, sir. Nice to meet you by the way." I offered him a handshake and stepped into the elevator.

I was taken to the highest level of the building and everything were spelled with luxury. I felt so out of place and luckily no one around to judge me on my poor clothing. It wouldn't even just embarrass me but also my wife.

Will she be mad if she caught me looking like this for a place like this? Should I go back rather than earning my wife's distress?

"Aditya?" It was then I acknowledged that it was too late to hide, she was already there in front of me. Looking so beautiful in her signature formal wear with a surprised reaction.

Her eyes went down to my hands and I built words one by one as I got nervous, "I.....brought food.....for you. You....aren't coming.....home for dinner.....so I thought....I-I could come by and....give you this home cooked meal. I.....hope you.....don't mind."

She was very patience for me to finish my sentences and her reaction was not what I expected. She blushed with an adorable smile and rushed into my arms, hugging me tightly. I felt her faint sigh with her soft murmur, "I missed you, Aditya."

She missed me? I had a wide smile on my face before attempting back to hug her. My hands were full but I did managed to fulfill my wife back without hesitancy. I thought she felt my struggling on holding onto this bag of food containers so she pulled away and apologized before leading me to a dining area which most probably is the pantry.