Chapter 8 - Turning In.

"Adi, I'm really sorry for yesterday. I wasn't in the right state of mind and I thought that I don't want to confuse our relationship." I groaned at myself for being such a fool on taking so many things in my head last night. "I should have told you this yesterday but I didn't so I will now. Adi, I want us to-"

"I will give whatever you want." He added in his words after me and I was shocked before my lips departed into a smile.

But it was too soon, the smile didn't last longer after his next followed by sentence. "Even if.....it's to divorce me."

Divorce?

"What do you mean?" I asked, completely fazed.

"I mean.....I will give you what you want right now, Anaika. You have done well enough good things for my life. Especially your sacrifice by getting into this marriage, to pull me out from my horrible past. I wouldn't even....be able repay you in this birth." He was tearing apart while he looked away from me. "The least that I could do for you now is to let you live your life.....without me in the picture."

"Are you done talking?" I questioned him, feeling so angry that he had to say all this because of yesterday. Or was it not?

"Are you saying all this....really because you want me to get you off the picture. Or.....you are trying to get rid of me out of yours?"

"B-But both are the same."

"It is not!" I don't know why I got so mad but it was out of my control. "You want me out of your life, isn't it? You think I don't know about her? You're just holding yourself back because of your stupid wife, who's always around you. You feel like your indebted to me. Your afraid of hurting my feelings. You think you can just mask away these feelings for someone else just because your married? Well, you can't."

I cried. Putting out all the frustration did took a toll on me, a heavy ones.

"Let me tell you this, Adi. You want me out of your life, you say it. You don't simply need to create excuses from what happened yesterday." I wiped down the tears, gathering my gut to give him my mind. "I will prepare the papers. Just be ready to sign them when it's here. And.....you don't have to worry about your life without me, I will make sure that your past would never come close to you ever again. Good bye, Aditya." With that, I walked out of the kitchen to my get to my room.

I packed few of my stuffs and left the house immediately. I need my space to myself, to digest whatever happening in my life. I didn't go to my parents but instead moved in to one of our apartment by the valley of the city. I thought that it would be better to not let them know. I don't want them to worry about their ill-fated daughter, who can't even survive her marriage life.

I switched off my phone since that day and only was available in my business phone. It was so difficult but I had to endure it, love is really tough for someone like me, isn't it?

*****

Few days passed and I was still in my isolation. My routine was from work to home and vice versa. Back to being alone again and it was harder than I thought. I realized how much I treasured having him around, especially whenever it rains. He would make sure that he's presence being noticed by me, either a simple physical touch or gentle cooing.

Now, I had nothing. This was my life meant to be from square one.

I just received the papers and I had signed my part with a single drop of my tear on it. I decided it's time to drop by my home again, I should make sure that he received the papers so I prepared to go there myself.