Chapter 6 - Unread Messages And Alone.

Aditya

She walked in her room already an hour ago, without saying a word and I was really biting on my nails while running out of words. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be the happiest right now. I couldn't just do nothing and simply end the day. I planned to talk to her, to thank her wholeheartedly but I don't know where to start. Well then, I got nervous and she retired to bed.

I slowly wandered towards her closed door, raising my hands to knock. I felt bad, she might be sleeping now but I couldn't walk pass her door without doing this. I'm already regretting sleeping in different rooms and I missed her all cuddled up to me, just like a little baby. I wanted to knock but I restraint myself. Maybe I can talk tomorrow, she must be fast asleep after the tiring day.

I gave up and the weather was already violent associated with heavy thunderstorm so I decided that it would be better to go to bed as well. But when I was ready to move away, I heard her soft cries. "Amma." She was calling for her mother as if she really needs someone and I wasted no time to knock on her door. I tried the knob and the door got opened.

She was all curled up into the comforter and when she saw me coming, she had the reassuring smile. "Adi, what are you doing here? Is everything okay?"

"Are you.....okay?" I asked her instead.

"Yes, I'm fin-" She yelped suddenly after a lightning hit the ground and I knew what she needs.

I took a bold move and slipped into the bed next to her. "I'm here right next to you. You don't have to be afraid anymore, okay?" I assured her and she was stunned before squeezing into me while another flashes before it cracks the sound.

"I'm sorry, Adi. I didn't mean to be like this." She apologized in her lowest voice,

Unconsciously my body reacts and I got my arms out to make her hug her closely to my chest. "It is okay. I'm here now." I let know and I felt her soft breathing, in few minutes, she passed out. I took the liberty to lay us down without making an attempt to wake her and I succeeded.

I should be making my way out to let her sleep alone, although it was her idea to sleep separately when I thought that she don't like having me next to her on the bed. But feeling on how comfortable she gets in my arms, I couldn't just leave. The storm might got worse and I don't want my wife to be bothered in sleep anymore.

She said to think of her as a friend and that we weren't going to embrace our marriage but isn't this how husbands and wives would be around each other? For example like today, why would she simply want to grant my wishes and in the car just now, we were so engross to each other until we lost track of our circumstances. The near kiss yesterday on our wedding night, is that just nothing?

Why does my miracle seemed so bothered by the fact of our relationship?

*****

Anaika

It's been a month and half since we got married. He was way more comfortable around me and we even started sharing the bed after the thunderstorm incident. I always fear thunderstorm and lightning because when I was younger, on the age of 7 or 8, I unfortunately witnessed my pet dog stroked by heavy lightning. I denied food and drinks for days before my parents took me in their comfort every time when there's thunderstorm. Years by years as I grew up the fear was lesser and I kind of couldn't get rid of the nightmares in the darkness. My mother will be there to comfort me everytime yet after I got married, it was husband's turn.

Even though I found it unsettling, I didn't have the heart to ask him to leave and he is very natural of our idea on sleeping together so I let it be. Even though it's so difficult for me sometimes to keep my self-control on peak around this wonderful man I'm married to.