Chapter 33

The third game of the final week had finished in a blur. 

Clove was staring at the ceiling of her room, dazed. 

It wasn't real

It was just a game

If so, then why were people feeling pain?

The blood...the sweat...the tears

It really hurt all of them. 

It affected all of them.

***

Ethan was scrolling through social media, going to random websites and looking at random posts that he didn't even care.  

All the effort...to take away the images that appeared right in front of his eyes only a few hours ago.

Those images...of pure...

Ethan wanted to puke. 

He turned to his side to see Levi still sitting on the same position that he'd been in, sitting down on a chair and looking straight ahead of the city. 

Not saying anything, not moving. 

Eyes wide and motionless. 

Ethan felt like he had to say something or even do anything, but they both needed to swim in their own minds first. 

Everyone needed to have their own time to themselves. 

Unfortunately. 

*** 

Taylor's eyes were red as she lay in the corner of her room, hugging her knees and hearing the pitiful yells of Calvin and his knocks on her door. 

She only kept on crying and sinking deep into her mind, being trapped in her own cage. 

Like the others.

***

The moon's light illuminated the darkness within the room, a feminine body stood near the window, some of the shadows lurking in her skin. 

"Don't tell me you're actually reminiscing about the game today...Oh! The great Ishtar of the south has grown some emotions...how sad..." A rich and mocking voice called out in the far back of the room. 

They were covered in shadows too...only their fiery red hair was apparent. 

"Shut it bastard." A dangerous female voice seethed, "If only you were there and fought like the thug that you say you are, then we could've won this already. Instead, you had to drag this whole mess for another day." 

"Oh? Making me do all the work? I am new to your squad...and you're the main heroine to all of us. If you're strong like you say you are, then prove it and kill that girl from the east. Oh wait...can you though? I had to pick you up before you were going to be butchered by that smiling girl. And it seems to me that this game...is also messing with your heart."

She turned around so quickly, hazel eyes burning with a flame alight. 

The guy only chuckled.

"You...get angry too easily..."

Humans can be monsters too. 

***

Clove managed to get out of her room as she walked around the hallways, wearing a pair of baggy trousers and a long sleeveless red top that was tucked under her trousers, wearing a pair of air max 97s.