Chapter 4: An Honest Crew

 Dylana’s POV-

 When Gibbs and I finally arrived at the dock, Jack was nowhere to be seen. 

 “And you’re sure he’s down here?” I asked, looking around once more. 

 “Aye. Said ‘e’d be waiting ‘ere with ‘is new recruit.” he said, as confused as I. I suddenly realized that I didn’t know what Jack looked like. I spun back around to face Gibbs, who was helplessly searching the dock for Jack.

“What’s ‘e look like?” I asked, a slight accent escaping my cherry lips.

 Gibbs gave up looking and walked over to me.

“Quite a lot like yourself to be quite honest.” he told me, then suddenly began staring at the silver coin in my hair.

“Where did ye get that?” he asked me, reaching up to touch it. 

 “Um... Mother gave it to me when I was quite small. Why?” I asked, backing away from him slightly.

 “Jack used to have one identical to it... Do you know where or why yer mother ‘ad it?” he asked, not taking his eyes off it. 

 “Uh... I don’t know... Perhaps Jack gave it to her...” I said, trying not to give anything away. 

Gibbs simply looked at me for what felt like five full minutes, and suddenly, his eyes widened.

“Ms. Dylana... Why did yer mother leave Jack so suddenly?... Do you know?” he asked. I knew he had probably just figured something out. 

 I turned around to face away from him and looked down.

“She was with child... She told me before her death..” I said quietly, and I felt Gibbs put a hand on my shoulder. I spun back around to face him, and he was looking at me with a strange expression. 

 “16 years ago...” he said, connecting the dots. I simply nodded. 

 “Aye... Well Ms. Autumn-Dylana, I think you’ll be a fine addition to the crew.” I smiled, knowing very well that Gibbs would keep my secret for me. Behind the piracy, Gibbs was a wonderful man. At least to the people he secretly cared about. Like myself and mother. 

 “Mr. Gibbs!” I heard someone shout from the distance.

Before I could think, Gibbs tossed me a large abandoned hat that he grabbed off a pillar of the dock, and whispered, “Hide yer hair. Cap’n won’t be happy that I recruited a woman.”. Quickly, before Captain Sparrow could notice, I wrapped my hair up, and shoved it under the hat as I put it on, hiding my face with the rim of it. Today was a good day to choose not to wear my dress and to instead where my baggy pants and white loose blouse. 

 “Where be my crew?” Jack shouted as he walked up to Gibbs.

My father was only about five feet away from me at last and I couldn’t even speak to him. It took everything for me not to say something to him. Not to walk over to him and make him hold me in a hug. I had missed out on a father my whole life, and I couldn’t handle it much longer. 

“Aye, they be on their way just about now I believe. I only have one young man here now.” Gibbs said, trying to stand in front of me so I wouldn’t be seen be Jack. 

 “What’s the lad’s name?” Sparrow asked, trying to peer behind Gibbs to see me. I kept the rim of the hat carefully over my face. This was about the only moment in my life that I was thankful for being small breasted, for he could not tell that I was a woman from my figure... 

 “Mr. Smith, sir...” Gibbs said hesitantly. Suddenly, I heard Jack stepping passed Gibbs and towards me.

“Lies. That is the name that I use.” Jack said, and I could see his feet standing directly in front of me. 

 I kept my head down in hopes that we wouldn’t say anything. “What is your name son?” Jack said. I said nothing. “Answer me!” He shouted at me, and I suddenly realized that I could very easily be in danger if I made Sparrow mad. 

 Trying my hardest to disguise my voice and speak as deeply as I could, I responded. “Joshua Sp-... Sparling, sir...” I said, praying that my voice was deep enough to be convincing. 

 Before i had a chance to do anything else, Sparrow grabbed the rim of the hat, and pulled it violently off my head, releasing my waterfall of hair and revealing my feminine face. 

 “You lied to me.” He said, without entirely looking at my face. I was glad too. I’ve been told that I look quite like my mother. I simply kept looking down. 

 “Dispose of this one Gibbs. Bring me a faithful crew. A... slightly honest crew. Perferably not of the female sorts.” 

 “A slightly honest crew, of pirates? Good luck with that, Jack Sparrow.” I spoke up, without thinking. I had a tendency to be loud mouthed. 

Jack stopped in his tracks and spun around turned back to face me. “Captain. It's Captain Jack Sparrow to you love.” He demanded. 

I laughed.