Chapter 10: Ello, dad.

Chapter 10: "Ello, dad." 

 Jack’s POV-

 As we turned the corner, I got one last glimpse at the girl. My girl. As the wall of the cave parted us, I panicked, and turned to face Will. 

 “We have to go back and get her.” I said quietly, still in shock. 

 “We have to save Elizabeth first, Jack! Dylana will still be on this island by the time we get Elizabeth, we can get her afterwards! Don’t let yourself forget why we’re here.” Will demanded of me. 

 Sadly, he was right. I would have to push this new information into the back of my mind until after I speak with Barbossa. I need my ship back. 

“You know, for having such a bleak outlook on pirates, you’re well on your way to becoming one.” I said quietly to Will as I began rowing the boat again, putting more and more distance between Dylana and I as I tried to fight the thought of having a daughter. 

 “Sprung a man from jail, commandeered and shit of the Fleet, sailed with a buccaneer crew out of Tortuga... and you’re completely obsessed with treasure.” 

 Will looked at me angrily as the boat his the land we were trying to find and I stepped out. 

 “That’s not true. I am not obsessed with treasure.” he demanded, not understanding what I meant by treasure. 

 “Not all treasure is silver and gold mate.” I whispered to him as I peered out from behind a rock, watching Barbossa and his crew as they held Elizabeth over the large treasure chest. 

 All I could think of now was the only real treasure I had had in my life. Annabel, and now Dylana. I had to find her after I got my ship back. Dylana was the only thing I had left of Annabel now. 

 ****************

 Dylana’s POV-

 I stumbled away, walking along the shore, almost tripping over skulls and gold. I kneeled down and examined some of the gold that was sitting below my feet. I reached my hand into this particular set of gold and grasped a handful, bringing it closer to my face. 

 Concluding that this was obviously valuable I took the handful and shoved it in my pocket, accidentally causing to much noise for my comfort. I knew there were others on this island, I just didn’t know where. 

 I wondered through the cave for quite some time, listening for the slightest sound made from another human, but no one seemed to be around. Finally, I decided to go back the other way. Back the way that I had left Jack. 

When I reached the ledge that Jack had dropped me off at, I heard noise, and lots of it, but over the shouting of what sounded like 50 pirates, I heard a hard pounding, and then Will, saying something to Jack. 

 “Sorry Jack. I’m not going to be your leverage.” I heard him say, and then he fell silent. 

 What did he mean? What had he done? 

 I rushed towards where the voice came from, where the yelling of pirates, debating about something came from. As much anger I had for Jack right now, I would be furious if something happened to him. He was still my father. 

 Finally, I reached an opening into more of the cave, where I found Jack.

 He was lying unconscious on the ground. He seemed to have fallen backwards... or been hit by Will...

 I rushed over to him, kneeling at his side. The boat’s oar was lying next to him, obviously the weapon Will had used to hit him with. 

 I placed my ear on Jack’s chest, leaning over him to see if his heart was still beating properly. A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I realized that he was alright, simply unconscious at the moment. 

 I sat up, sitting beside him, staring down at my unconscious father. I never really looked at him. He looked slightly to much like me. 

 His hair was arranged in nearly the same sort of dreads that mine had been in for years, with almost all the same beadings that mother had put in my hair. The color was the same, the texture the same, everything. 

 My eyes were different though. I noticed this when I first saw him. His were darker. I had my mother’s hazel eyes, while Jack’s were simply dark brown. 

 Although, I wore the same form of eyeliner as he, another thing I learned from my mother, and I had his nose weirdly enough. I had mother’s mouth, but everything else I seemed to inherit from Jack. 

 Just as I reached to touch one of the beads in his hair, his eyes sprung over suddenly and in an instant, he grabbed my wrist. 

 His eyes quickly found their way to mine, and he smiled ever so slightly, then sat up. 

 “Ello, dad.” I said teasingly. 

 “Ello, love.” he smiled.