Chapter 2: Blackmail

Chapter 12: Blackmail 

 Dylana’s POV- 

 *********** 

 “So you expect to leave me standing on some beach with nothing but a name and your word it’s the one I need and watch you sail away on my ship?” The Captain, who I had come to know as Barbossa, asked Jack.

 We were sitting in the Barbossa’s cabin aboard The Black Pearl, trying to negotiate Jack’s plan with him. I was sitting rather far from them, admiring Barbossa’s pet monkey. 

 “No. I expect to leave you standing on some beach with absolutely no name at all, watching me sail away on my ship, and then I’ll shout the name back to you. Savvy?” Jack corrected sassily, and I suddenly realized where I must have gotten my smart-ass trait from. 

 “Wait...” I said, turning to walk towards the both of them. I reached the large dining table they were sitting at, and grasped an apple, tossing it to Jack in one swift motion. “So we’re just going to betray Will like that?” I asked, placing my hands on the table to support myself as I stared at Jack. 

 Jack smirked, “Pirate. You would do the same thing if you needed to get your beloved ship back, Dylana. Trust me.” he half smiled, and then directed his attention back to Barbossa. 

 Barbossa wouldn’t take his eyes off of me. I gave him a look and looked away, but when I glanced back at him, he was still looking at me. 

 “You seem somewhat familiar, lass. I refuse to make any deal with Jack and you until you tell me who you are.” he demanded. 

I hesitated, and looked at Jack. He seemed almost petrified, but finally nodded at me, giving me permission to inform Barbossa of my identity. 

 Jack and I hadn’t even spoken about it with each other, and I feared we never would. But I wanted to know things about mother, and I wanted to know things about my father’s legend. 

 “Did he know mother?” I asked Jack quietly, just not quietly enough. 

 “Mother?” Barbossa grinned, and leaned to put his elbows up on the table. 

 Jack sighed and looked down. “Annabel... Annabel Lee...” he said quietly, avoiding eye contact with the both of us, 

 Barbossa seemed so pleased as he leaned back and looked from Jack to me. “Ah... How delightful. I assume this is little Miss Jack Sparrow then?” he asked Jack tauntingly.  

 “Autumn Dylana Sparrow. Ms. Sparrow to you, Captain.” I said sternly, looking away from Jack. 

 “Aye. Right then Ms. Sparrow. Well we’re still with the problem of me standing on some beach with naught but a name and your word it’s the one I need.” He said, seeming as though he did not just discover that Jack and I had a secret. 

 “Of the three of us, Dylana and I are the only ones who haven’t committed mutiny, therefore... our word is the one we’ll be trusting. Although... I suppose I should be thanking you because, in fact, if you hadn’t betrayed me and left me to die, I would have an equal share in that curse, same as you, and Dy and I would have never met.” he said just before he took a bite of the apple I tossed him. 

 “Funny ol’ world, innit?”.

 Barbossa smiled a sarcastic smile towards Jack, then looked back in my direction. “Aye. Hilarious. For instance, this time around, I’ve got a source of blackmail now don’t I?” he said, his smile getting larger and larger with every word. 

 At first, Jack and I were both confused, but finally stubbled upon the realization that he was talking about me. I was the prop. He could use me to get what he wanted from Jack... 

 “No. Absolutely not.” Jack said, his eyes landing on mine. We locked eyes and exchanged fearful looks. 

 “Aye.” Barbossa smiled, before shouting out to one of his crew members, “Bo’sun!” he yelled, drawing in a large man. “Lock the girl in the brig. Leave her unharmed. For now.”. 

 “Aye, sir. We’re coming up on the Intercepter, sir...” he said, before pounding over to me and grabbing me by the arm. Quickly, I yanked my arm away and backed away from him.

 “Don’t touch me! I can walk by on my own! No need to get handsy.” I shouted at the man, before pushing past him and walking toward the exit of Barbossa’s cabin.