Chapter 1

I decided to do another book! Here you go.

Awakening

"Hello, Punisher...."

...

"No..."

Lila keeps promises.

When she says she'll do something, she'll do it. Of course, when she's not lying.

Ever since the day she told Marinette they'd be in war, she meant it. Her friends gave her the cold shoulder. No one talked to her anymore. It hurt. Trying to call out her lies only made it worse. It all came crashing down one day when Alya came knocking, saying she didn't want to be friends with a bully.

Oh...

Marinette couldn't even describe how many tears she shed. The mask she had to put on for her parents. And the bottle that kept everything sealed within. The next day Lila came around to rub the salt in the wound. No, she doused it in salt, before spitting on it without remorse. It was so hard to compose herself during class. Alya couldn't even look at her without pure oceans of hatred boiling in her eyes. She felt like shriveling up and dying. She had noticed an akuma, "Marinette." The little being in her purse spoke. Her big deep blue eyes looking at her with worry, until she put her red paws on Marinette's shirt, attempting to think happy thoughts and calm herself. Filling the bottle inside of her, before noticing it fluttering away. She let out a shaky sigh of relief. Not today Hawkmoth, not today.

---

Marinette tried brushing off Lila. Trying to get over her. She shouldn't let this way her down, she's dealt with Chloe alone, she can do it now. Drawing alone made her comfortable, at peace. Something to get over. She glanced up at Lila who had a smirk on her face. Marinette ignored her. "What do you want?" She said dully. Before the girl snatched her sketchbook out of her hands. "Hey!" She said. Reaching for her sketchbook as the liar spun around with it. "Oh no! I think I accidentally ripped a page!" She gasped.

Lila began "accidentally" ripping up the book. Marinette could only watch as all the drawings she put her heart into were turned into tiny broken parts. Ruined and unable to piece together. The remains dropped to the ground. "My bad!" Lila giggled devilishly. Walking all over it as she left the scene. Leaving Marinette to clutch the torn-up paper on her knees. Crying mournfully, Why? Why her? Her eyes flickered to the black and purple butterfly. Before she looked at her ruined sketchbook again. That she held tightly to her chest. Tikki's comforting words couldn't heal these wounds.

When she tried to tell everyone what Lila did. She made a convincing lie that she saw Marinette ripping it up on purpose. Causing everyone to yell at her. She felt sick, sick to her stomach. Like she could throw up. Her fists balled as she made her way to her desk. What had she done to deserve this? She wasn't the enemy! Lila was! She was trying to help them, so why? Marinette clutched her stomach. No, not here. It's time to fill the bottle Marinette.

---

"M'lady?" Chat asked. The pure concern in his voice made the heroine shift. Today's akuma was difficult. She had almost gotten hit three times. And crashed landed at least once. Ladybug turned around fat tears pouring down her face. Her shoulders shook as she sniffled. "Ladybug?!" He rushed over, holding her as she had cried into her palms. "C-chat-" She spoke before he shushed her. Rubbing her back and comforting her softly. She hiccupped as she let tears spill. Holding his arms tightly, clutching them, not ever wanting to let go. "I-it's n-not fair." She spoke. She coughed sadly as her throat tightened. Chat Noir looked at her with a gentle gaze, his pupils in a rounder shape. "What's not fair?" He asked. Holding his partner in his arms. "h-how she...how they treated me." Ladybug nuzzled into his arms. Blinking away leftover tears. Chat narrowed his eyes. A spike of anger surging within him. Who hasn't been treating his lady right? The heroine shifted so her head could lay on his chest. She wrapped her arm around his waist. Sniffling as she slowly calmed. "I tried to help them." Chat only held her closer. Hearing and seeing her like this made his body burn. He just wanted to make her feel better, wash it all away.