Chapter 4

Preparations

Alya was walking home. Having gotten a recent interview from Chat on the recent akuma and how it was going. She was typing on the ladyblog getting ready to post it before a figure appeared before her. Dropping her phone as it clattered on the ground. "Marinette." She narrowed her eyes.

"Punisher." She corrected.

Alya pulled her lips firmly. Punisher could tell she was scared, but she masked it, typical Alya. Alya moved to run but Punisher slammed her hammer on the ground. Making the concrete crack beneath her.

"Stay."

Alya cringed. Staying put. Punisher laid her hammer down and sat. Ordering Alya to sit with her. Alya sat cautiously. Staring at her movements. But Punisher just waited, not reaching for her hammer or anything.

"You chose her over me."

"What?"

Punisher stayed silent. Looking at Alya with cold eyes. But past them was anger and hurt. "What! You never gave her a chance!" Punisher sighed. "Did you ever think of why I didn't?"

"Because you were jea-" Punisher cut her off. "Not everything is about Adrien." Alya ground her teeth angrily. Crossing her arms. "Then you outright accused her of lying." Punisher licked her lips. Narrowing her eyes. "Was it really an accusation?"

Alya paused at that. Her fingers digging into her arms as she tried to deny what Punisher was saying. She searched, she had to be lying. She could tell when people were lying. But Punisher's face was left plain and cold. Her eyes reflecting hurt. "You didn't fact check." Punisher's eyes narrowed further. "Neither did you."

Alya tried to say something, but nothing came out. Anger piled within in. "Why would I? She was new! She just wanted to be friends! And she needed to sit next to Adrien because of her tinnitus! You were jealous!" She burst. Punisher frowned. "That's not the reason I tried to out her. It's not the reason I tried to warn you. Not everything is about Adri-"

"Then what is it! You had no reason to harm her. Bully her into such a state she had to leave school. I knew you could go far but bullying someone! For attention!" The shocked look on her face came quickly. "Was that what she told you? That I was bullying HER?" She gaped. Alya scowled "Not only that, she told us everything you did. You tormented her! Bullied her! We'd never know your true colors if it wasn't for her! Even as an akuma you're still! Still! LYING!" She yelled.

Punisher balled her fists. "She was lying! I was being bullied! I was being turned on! You were so up to drinking up everything she told you because it was pleasant to your ears! You don't want to see the truth! Because you'd rather choose the more impressive girl over your best friend! Who'd never wrong you no matter what you've done! You've only known her for a few months, you've known me for a year! And you threw that away for a girl you've known for a few months! At that time it was a day! A DAY!" Punisher stood. Towering over Alya, who was fuming.

Alya stood up quickly. Refusing to be towered. "You're always playing the victim! Getting us to pity you! All you want is attention! This whole akumatization is just a temper tantrum! Grow up Marinette! Why would she lie to us?!"

Punisher dug her hands into her scalp. "WHY WOULDN"T SHE?"

Alya wanted to respond. But she couldn't. She wanted to find the words to retort. But she couldn't.

"She could have so many reasons to lie to you! You didn't know her! You told me to fact check, but did you? No, you didn't?! It was her words over mine!" Alya shrunk. "You know she threatened me in the bathroom! Told me I was dumber than the others! She was manipulating you! Using you as tools! And every time I tried to warn you! You refused to believe me! Because Lila was just so innocent right?" Punisher shouted piercing words at her. But she wasn't ending there.